Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judge orders ethics classes for 'deceptive' DOJ attorneys | Washington Examiner :spank:

A federal judge has ordered annual ethics classes for Justice Department attorneys as a punishment for being "intentionally deceptive" during litigation over President Obama's executive immigration orders.

"Such conduct is certainly not worthy of any department whose name includes the word 'Justice,'" U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen wrote in a withering order released Thursday.

Justice Department attorneys misled the court about when the Department of Homeland Security would begin implementing President Obama's executive order granting "deferred action" to illegal immigrants whose children are citizens. In doing so, they tricked the 26 states who filed a lawsuit into "foregoing a request for a temporary restraining order," according to the judge.

The facts of the deception are not in doubt, Hanen emphasized. "[DOJ] has now admitted making statements that clearly did not match the facts," he said in the May 19 opinion, first noted by the National Law Journal. "It has admitted that the lawyers who made these statements had knowledge of the truth when they made these misstatements ... This court would be remiss if it left such unseemly and unprofessional conduct unaddressed."

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DOJ fights federal judge's order for lawyers to attend ethics training | Fox News

The Justice Department moved Tuesday to fight a federal judge’s order that its lawyers undergo mandatory ethics training, digging in after the DOJ was accused of misleading the courts over President Obama's immigration executive actions.

In filings Tuesday, the department said the order would "far exceed the bounds of appropriate remedies" and would cost the department millions.

U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen, of Texas, had issued the order earlier this month, after alleging DOJ attorneys misled him about the implementation of Obama’s executive orders on illegal immigrants.

Attorneys had told Hanen that a key component – an expansion of a 2012 program to protect illegal immigrants from deportation if they were brought to the U.S. as children – hadn’t been implemented. But officials later revealed they had given more than 108,000 people three-year reprieves from deportation under the expanded rules, as well as work permits.

Hanen blocked Obama's actions and the case is now before the Supreme Court.

·
Wayward Son
23,049 Posts
Well, maybe THAT opens the door to disbar the creeps.
There you go again Daryl. Talking common sense and what should happen.

You know right there that nothing will.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Ethics training for lawyers is like a "Table manners" class for hookers that swallow.

When you're licensed by the Bar, you take a vow of ethics.

If you break it, and lie, that's perjury. Perjury is illegal.

Ethics classes? JAIL.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
nothing will come of this -
Your first clue of that outcome, is when a Federal Judge call lying "intentionally deceptive.".

That's like calling illegal immigrants "Misplaced Democratic voters".

Oh wait.........

·
Wayward Son
23,049 Posts
:laugh

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Yes they did wrong and they took an oath so they should be dealt with but we all know they received there marching orders from higher up. What we will never know is from how high up they came from ( odumbass

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DOJ Moves to Shield Immigration Records of Illegals Improperly Granted Exec. Amnesty - Breitbart

The Obama administration is pushing back against a federal judge’s order sanctioning government lawyers for misleading the court about the implementation dates for executive amnesty.
In a court filing Tuesday, the Justice Department argued that District Court Judge Andrew Hanen “far exceed the bounds of appropriate remedies for what this Court concluded were intentional misrepresentations” when he ordered government lawyers to undergo ethics training and turn over the immigration records of the illegal immigrants who benefited from the government’s implementation snafu.

Writing that they “emphatically disagree” with the order, Obama administration lawyers in their filing requested a stay of the order and announced an intention to appeal.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Like I said the lawyers got there marching orders from above right from our leading POS we call PUTOS He is such a jack wagon and the sheepel voted him in twice.

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Clinton IT aide Pagliano ordered to produce DOJ immunity agreement | Fox News

A federal judge ordered the man who set up Hillary Clinton’s private email server Friday to produce the immunity agreement he had reportedly struck with the Department of Justice as part of her investigation.

According to The Hill, the judge’s order postpones Bryan Pagliano’s deposition with the watchdog group Judicial Watch indefinitely. The interview had been scheduled to take place Monday.

Pagliano planned to assert his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination and refuse to answers questions over an open records lawsuit, according to court documents obtained Wednesday by Fox News. His lawyers also asked a federal judge to block Judicial Watch from recording his deposition, stating that a written transcription should be enough.
I would think that since he has immunity he would have to testify, if he takes the 5th, he should loose his immunity.

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Potential Jurors Refuse To Serve Judge In Stanford Sex Assault Case « CBS San Francisco

PALO ALTO (CBS SF) — Potential jurors in Santa Clara County are apparently refusing to serve in the courtroom of the judge who handed down a six-month sentence to a former Stanford University student convicted of sexual assault.

KPIX 5 reporter Len Ramirez confirmed Thursday that 20 jurors refused to serve in Judge Aaron Persky’s courtroom on Wednesday, citing the judge as a hardship.

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Judge Gets Journalist Indicted For Literally Doing His Job and Seeking Public Records | LawNewz

Local reporter Mark Thomason, publisher of the Fannin Focus, and his newspaper’s attorney were jailed on felony charges after they tried to obtain records about the North Georgia court. I’m not kidding, that’s pretty much all they did.

Chief Judge Brenda Weaver was so incensed by Thomason’s “relentless pursuit of public records” she took matters into her own hands and called up the local district attorney, who sought the indictment, according to The Atlanta Journal Constitution. Now Thomason, and the newspaper’s attorney, Russell Stookey, are out on bail and may even be forced to undergo drug tests as one of the conditions. Worse yet, Judge Weaver, who recommended the charges to the DA, chairs the state Judicial Qualifications Commission which is the very body that is supposed to investigate judges for judicial misconduct! What a mess.
Georgia publisher jailed after filing open records request | www.myajc.com

“I was astounded, in disbelief that there were even any charges to be had,” said Thomason, 37, who grew up in Fannin County. “I take this as a punch at journalists across the nation that if we continue to do our jobs correctly, then we have to live in fear of being imprisoned.”

Thomason and Stookey are out on $10,000 bond and have a long list of things they cannot do or things they must do to avoid going to jail until their trials. On Thursday, for example, Thomason reported to a pretrial center and was told that he may have to submit to a random drug test – a condition of the bond on which he was released from jail last Saturday.

Alison Sosebee, district attorney in the three counties in the Appalachian Judicial Circuit, and Judge Weaver say the charges are justified. Weaver said she resented Thomason’s attacks on her character in his weekly newspaper and in conversations with her constituents.

“I don’t react well when my honesty is questioned,” Weaver said.

She said others in the community were using Thomason to get at her. “It’s clear this is a personal vendetta against me,” she said. “I don’t know how else to explain that.”

But legal experts expressed dismay at the punitive use of the Open Records Act.

1 - 20 of 400 Posts