Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up today.
It came with a surgically implanted grin.
I think i'm going to hang onto both. :D

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations on your new RK Classic. I have been riding one since 2002 and love it.
Thanks man... i appreciate it. After 5 years you're still smitten with it... well... that's a fine, fine testimonial.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
I've been looking for this post for awhile! Take a bow Terry! I can see some nice custom touches, and how about that "grin" one can buy in the P&A catalog! Man that thing looks sweet. And the weather was cooperative today?

Gazing at this steed I'm reminded when I rented one for 2200 miles several years ago, seeing friends in the south. That was the start of a distant affair with the RKC, culminating in a marriage last December.

So nice to see this, so nice to have the riding season before us!

Steve

·
1,074 Posts
Very nice.
It's good to be King!
I've had mine for going on 4 years and wouldn't have it any other way. I had a deer strike and they wanted to total it but I declined and rebuilt her.
Enjoy it...(like I gotta tell you that:rofl: )

·
Registered
9 Posts
I
N
C
R
E
D
I
B
L
E
!!

A perfect example of one of my personal favorites. Enjoy!

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Niiiiiccccceeeee,I likes. Not that you needed my approval.My RK came with the same grin and I pull it out when ever I ride, shoot, whenever I get around her!!!!!!!!!!!RORHRS "Nice Again"LIke your touches

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so nice to have the riding season before us!

Steve
That would be all true Brother.

So far... so thrilled Stevie and i can only imagine those
feelings expanding as i grab more saddle time. I can not
wait for the scoot back to Toronto in June via Vermont and
Quebec.

I am loving the sound of the stock pipes... particularly when i roll a little extra on the loud grip. They are throaty and mellow and several miles away from obnoxious.

I'm finding the new 96er to be a solid improvement over the 88 but no overly so. If there is one area i would like to improve it would be the brakes. Seems they require a bit more effort than i'm used to but then hauling down a 290 pound supermoto with huge Brembos is bound to make anything else seem... portly. :D

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
That would be all true Brother.

So far... so thrilled Stevie and i can only imagine those
feelings expanding as i grab more saddle time. I can not
wait for the scoot back to Toronto in June via Vermont and
Quebec.

I am loving the sound of the stock pipes... particularly when i roll a little extra on the loud grip. They are throaty and mellow and several miles away from obnoxious.

I'm finding the new 96er to be a solid improvement over the 88 but no overly so. If there is one area i would like to improve it would be the brakes. Seems they require a bit more effort than i'm used to but then hauling down a 290 pound supermoto with huge Brembos is bound to make anything else seem... portly. :D
I bet you can imagine right now riding the RK through New England and Quebec, on the open road and through small towns! Anticipation is such a nice thing.

Remember our exchange on keeping the exhaust and cubes stock for now? Milwaukee has really done something with the '07's, not to mention the six speed. Everything is finely mated. The accel/decel exhaust note is luscious. Low and deep is where it is at in my book (versus loud - but this is me), and the '07's are there (incl. performance), and if "there" is not enough, one can always make it be the next winter's project, and one would have a seemingly "new" bike all over again for the next season.

Uh yes... that KTM has some serious Brembos-to-weight stopping power!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Man that looks jyst like my new 07 RKC and I got a couple mods under mine as well,only pipes and A/C,stage 1 and canned map,on dyno 70hp/86 lbs tq,but a lot of smiles for the miles,

Attachments

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man that looks jyst like my new 07 RKC and I got a couple mods under mine as well,only pipes and A/C,stage 1 and canned map,on dyno 70hp/86 lbs tq,but a lot of smiles for the miles,
Hey Hound... if someone attempted to tell me that 70 bhp... pushing 700 plus pound of scooter could possibly be enjoyable, i would have laughed my a$$ off
big time.

As it turns out... it is fabulous.

To hang a frame around this power to weight thing, my little KTM wild child puts out 64 ponies from its' 625 cc single and weighs in @ 290 pounds.

No wonder that front wheel just keeps wanting to touch the sky. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts