Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that Hot Springs, Arkansas is like most every other tourist town. They are there to take your money and give you as little in return as possible.

So we are there to meet with some 20 or 30 friends for the weekend. Hit a little biker bar one evening for some libations and winding down from a day on the road.

Sunday morning the wife wakes with the migraine from hell. Can barely stand up and almost impossible to open her eyes. No way she can ride her bike back home. I can’t ride two so the hunt begins.

Yep. It is Sunday. Everything is closed. Damn Pakistani motel owner says no extra time. Out by 11:00 AM or pay for another day. Kd5cqt is there in his Lincoln, so he goes back to Biloxi by way of Belton, TX to drop Patty off at home.

PolarBear and I spend four hours trying to find a place to store the Springer until I can get back for it.

An EMT in the motel restaurant tells me he is a “biker” and he works part time for a tow truck operator who is a “biker”. First guy calls the second guy and he will store it for $25.00 a day. I got your “biker”, buddy.

Finally we go to the bar. I walk up to the bar and tell the lady I have a problem. You know, wife sick, bike, 450 miles from home kind of a problem. Her answer is simple. “You don’t have a problem son.”

One phone call later to her son, who owns the place, and I give him the keys. He takes it to his house and locks it in the garage. “Call me when you are coming back,” he says.

A month goes by and off I go with a trailer (I’m sorry, but the weather ruled, wife still sick) and I get back to the bar. I walk in and the same lady is there. “Remember me? Sick wife, bike, etc?” “Well sure, son.” One phone call to her son later and I drive to the house and load the bike.

“What do I owe you?”

He says, “You’re kidding, right?”

Do y’all understand what I’m saying here? There is family and there are those around that define the word.

If you are ever in Hot Springs, stop by The Longshot Saloon across from Oaklawn Park. Tell Doug Prichard “Thanks” from another member of the family. Or check them out at Longshot Saloon and drop them an email telling him “Thanks” from another member of the family for just being there.

Tell him you heard it from me and we’re spreading the word.

And Darryl and Kenny too. A couple of stand up Bro's.

·
1,081 Posts
Glad it worked out, yeah you can actually find real good folk, shame it takes awhile sometimes.

p.s. What the hell did your wife drink, still sick a month later. Hope she's ok

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad it worked out, yeah you can actually find real good folk, shame it takes awhile sometimes.

p.s. What the hell did your wife drink, still sick a month later. Hope she's ok
Combination of things centering around some viscious migraines.

Thanks. She's doing pretty good now.

·
1,081 Posts
Combination of things centering around some viscious migraines.

Thanks. She's doing pretty good now.
Good to hear, I can sympathize. I suffer with cluster headaches every couple of years, look em up it's not good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cool, great to hear things worked out and the wife is doing better!

Long Shot Saloon

Hope this is the right one! Sent off a missive!

Might want to share with that doofy bunch, they will be in the AO next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts