Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old, Tired, Ugly
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if you non-Californians have ever heard of the Love Ride. A one day affair with a lot of celebs. About 20,000 bikes ride from a dealership in Glendale 40 miles to a park about 5 minutes from me. Bands, free lunch and vendors. Jay Leno is usually Grand Marshal. Black Crows were head liner for the concert. Here is what happens when 20,000 beered-up bikers try and leave the parking lot with 1 exit. This is why we stopped going a few years back.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Don't know if you non-Californians have ever heard of the Love Ride. A one day affair with a lot of celebs. About 20,000 bikes ride from a dealership in Glendale 40 miles to a park about 5 minutes from me. Bands, free lunch and vendors. Jay Leno is usually Grand Marshal. Black Crows were head liner for the concert. Here is what happens when 20,000 beered-up bikers try and leave the parking lot with 1 exit. This is why we stopped going a few years back.

Oh my......:eek:

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Yes, have seen it on motorcycle TV shows where it shows all the celebrities gathering for the ride, being interviewed and such. Wasn't aware it was such a beer fest with riders leaving with more than a few consumed.

Do recall one video clip showing a Love Ride biker taking off too fast for the female passenger. There was no backrest and bike shot out from under her as she hung on to the biker, her legs dragging the pavement while he accelerated oblivious to what was happening.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Beers, bikes and babes - aaah yes, often can lead to testosterone prone behaviour!!!
Not nice to spectate or participate, but a potential inevitability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts