Registered
42,165 Posts
Rear O2 sensor

Reactions: NYWolf

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I attempted to erase these codes and they come back on.
I need help with what the possibilities could be in order to fix it.

P0154 Rear oxygen sensor Inactive
P0051 Rear HO2S shorted/High
or
Rear HO2S open low

also get this running across the screen after those 2 codes. ( PN 001255-01) Not sure of that means anything as well.

·
Registered
42,165 Posts
Check the rear O2 sensor connector before replacing anything

Reactions: 1/2 Ton and NYWolf

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In a day or two I will disconnect the sensor and connect it again.

I was thinking I had an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
also get this running across the screen after those 2 codes. ( PN 001255-01) Not sure of that means anything as well.
This is either the part number of the O2 sensor or the part number of the control module, easy enough to look up. As Kainam said check the connector first, if after disconnecting and reconnecting, it still throws the code. follow the wire up to the other connection at that's by the ABS manifold (if so equipped) (On my Ultra they are behind the right hand side cover) and unplug and reconnect that one, again following the wire to the BCM or whichever controller you have. Following the wires inspecting for possible shorts to the frame. All are visual and touchy feely inspections that require only time, no $$.

Reactions: NYWolf

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,357 Posts
Check to see if someone put one of those in-line devices, that tricks the ECU into giving more fuel, in between the original O2 connector and the O2 sensor. Yes I put those on my '19 Sportster and I was plagued with those codes. Ran like a bat outta hell when the MIL wasn't on though. Lesson learned.

Reactions: NYWolf and Kainam

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Later today I will check them all myself. And if I come up short, I will record a short video and post it. Maybe you guys will pick up on something that I didn’t.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts