1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Not again.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
It's a nice looking ride. I don't think now is the time to be starting up a new MC company but, you never know.
They are a little sketchy on the details regarding ownership of the company.
The last I read it was owned by Stillicom (sp?) the same outfit that rescued ChrisCraft boats. On the website it says the company is privately owned. :confused:

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I've actually always loved the Indians. Something about them rounded cylinders that just looks cool! I wish them well. I would bet it won't last though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It looks like it is a top notch effort to do it right this time. At lest money is not a problem this time. I welcome them into our world of two wheels. Maybe HD will bring quality back up a little. In my opinion from what I have owned the past few years the air cooled bikes have slipped some in quality. The VRod has high quality.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
It looks like it is a top notch effort to do it right this time. At lest money is not a problem this time. I welcome them into our world of two wheels. Maybe HD will bring quality back up a little. In my opinion from what I have owned the past few years the air cooled bikes have slipped some in quality. The VRod has high quality.
I agree the V is a step up in quality from everything I've owned, but I can not understand why they used some of the softest bolts on almost everything. I've stripped so many bolts while replacing things. Pretty much if I plan on replacing something with a aftermarket or even HD part I also buy new bolts to replace the cheap ass ones they use.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
I sold my 00 Chief last year to buy a RK.
The Chief was nice looking but the rk is a way better bike.
Still I hope Indian makes it.They are beautiful.

Attachments

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
when i was out at rockingham last oct i was jonesing for some ride time.. i drove out cause i had to bring too much stuff out..

and one of the guys hanging out offered me his bike and said have a great time.. that thing was HUGE LOL but gorgeous

·
its rusting
429 Posts
i have yet to see an Indian bike up close. i'm sure i'll be blown away when i do, much rarer than V-Rods the way i'm looking around

·
COB
1,984 Posts
They look too antique for me.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
The Indian I wish I never saw was the Terminator Indian. I have no clue why they painted the bike like that. Nice bike, but horrible idea for a paint scheme IMO.

·
(violet on 1130cc)
7 Posts
I sold my 00 Chief last year to buy a RK.
The Chief was nice looking but the rk is a way better bike.
Still I hope Indian makes it.They are beautiful.
Well look at you!! I agree though. Sad as it is, the '99 through '03 Indians are just not reliable enough to really ride unless you know how to wrench. Harley has perfected their engines to where they are relatively trouble free. I didn't want to sell my 01 Spirit....black and red .....but I never rode it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts