Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
How can one call the 883 a girls bike.

Now I'm not saying a girl can't or shouldn't ride it, but that bike doesn't deserve the connotation period.

Maybe a Vespa or a Honda 250, but no way no how an 883. It's just too much motorcycle in every sense of the word to be called that.
I've never agreed with it either, but have always heard the sportsters called 'girl bikes'. In fact, without any prompting from myself, the HD salesman brought the subject up when I went in to look at the 48. I'm guessing because of their smaller size? Maybe some ppl just like to slam anything they feel is inferior to their own ride? Dunno. I'd love to have the funds to have either an 883 or a 48 as a second bike. Not so sure about the one in this thread tho.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
751 Posts
Did I miss something? Haven't heard of anythig smaller than the 883 other than some smaller bike for the Indian market

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts

·
Retired citizen
21,752 Posts
Looks like the MoCo has a new Rider's Edge bike to replace the Buell Blast.

·
Super Moderator
12,506 Posts
At least the blast was American made. I wouldn't trust my life on something made in India.

·
Registered
442 Posts
After watching that clip 67Duce put up I wouldn't mind having a second bike like that in the garage, h&ll for the $$ I think it's worth a shot. My wife is wanting to learn how to ride plus I would have something to run around town with. Just think I will wait for some reviews to see what people really think.

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
I like it. It has a list of positives for the MoCo. It definitely fills a void between first bike and something bigger like the 883 and up. Good to see the MoCo reaching out, getting new riders early in the game, cause we all know, once you ride a HD, you don't go back to one of them inferior bikes.

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
Yeah, and hopefully it will once and for all kill that stupid line of thinking that an 883 is a "starter bike" or as others have said, a "girl's bike".
Yeah, no such thing as a girl's bike - unless its all pinked out. :rollin

Hell, I saw people in these forums talking about the Switchback being a girl's bike. Some people, I guess, just have this thing about girls - I dunno. :loco

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
If this is really going to be made in India....nah. Not for me.

I'll ride Japanese, Italian, British, and obviously American...but not Indian simple as that. I have seen and heard of way too many quality control issues that they have had there with different cars made there and some of their motorcycle brands as well, like the Royal Enfield.

Hopefully Harley will smarten up at some point and at least move them to Mexico or Canada, some place that is at least in the Americas.

·
Was Briefly First
1,753 Posts
Yeah, no such thing as a girl's bike - unless its all pinked out. :rollin
We haven't pulled the trigger on it yet, but Mrs. B is eyeballing a denim black street glide that she wants to have pink flames painted onto. I am really looking forward to the looks on people's faces.

:laugh

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think they'll sell VERY well in the U.S. Why? Here's why..........

People in the U.S. think like this...."If I want to buy a 500 to 750cc motorcycle for running around on, and for $6-7,000 I can buy a metric bike, or for the same $$$ I can buy a REAL Harley Davidson, I'm buying the Harley!" Pretty simple.

I think you're gonna see them all over the place!

·
On the loose
8,669 Posts
I don't see most of us as the target market . I do see this as a test bed for the future power plant for the moco though , it may be a few years off and we may still have air cooled choices but I gotta believe there testing future technology that will expand to other models at some point.

21 - 40 of 163 Posts