Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 60 of 163 Posts

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
I know many here are Air heads till they die, but I like innovation and if I can swing it I'll have one. My wife may too, but she's, so far, set on a Honda CTX 700 and we all know you don't argue with the war department, they have to many weapons at their disposal.

I was planning on getting a used 883 iron to use as a base for a project but, if these ride well stock, I'll probably buy one new and use it. It should make a great zip to the store and work bike with cheaper tires and better gas mileage than my Fat Bob. I'll just have to design a quick release bag and trunk set up.

Also being built in KC was what I was expecting, when Kainam and I were up there for a tour earlier in the year they were setting up to replace some tank/fender presses and wouldn't let us on the back side of the V-rod line, where I suspect they were setting up to build these.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
This will definitely infuse more sales into the Harley and Harley Finance Companies. Since they are moving into the international market heavily with these, they need to make sure the finance department looks at each country and acts like an international company.
Having been international, I do see a market for these bikes. Lane splitters is what I call them. Efficient, powerful and desired for the commute in a big city. I also see something that can be chopped and modified. If they have enough power unmodified, they will sell.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The more I look into them the cooler I think they are. I think there goal is to make a cheap platform to customize. And get people away from buy japenese manufactured bikes. I just hope this isn't the a replacement for the sportsters.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Looks like bobber material, but that radiator looks like it came off a 33 FORD or something like that. Build them here in America I say which equals more jobs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like it. They needed a bike like this to compete with Honda and Triumph. These would make great cafe racers or bobbers and at the price point for first time and young buyers. I love the Sporsters but they maybe a little edgy for most new riders.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
39 Posts
Initially I didn't like the idea but when I first saw it reminded me of an XLCR so quickly changed my mind. I think the badge and styling will give this bike a real edge in the market place with the iPhone generation.

I personally would have no affinity with a bike built in India.

Spent my whole life pouring over H D history which will suddenly mean nothing to a bike made in the Punjab.

The good news is my Harley dealer might start doing curry nights.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
For you guys that think these bikes will be good bobber material, H-D is one step ahead of ya.......check this video out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
New Sportster Versions??

HD's web site shows a 500cc and 750cc which appear to be water cooled. Not due out until '14 supposedly, but wonder if these new bikes will put out some decent HP in their class range. Like it or not, the water cooled rides are on their way.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
41 - 60 of 163 Posts