Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People, especially new riders, ask about "The Pace".

What the hell does "The Pace" mean ?

Well, like all things that are kind of instinctive, it's both very simple, and sort of hard to explain.

"The Pace" means that every corner looks the same, from wide open sweepers to tight little twisties.

"The Pace" means that you are always the same distance from danger, and you always have enough room to manoevre or stop.

"The Pace" means that you are always at the same percentage of the limit of what your bike can do, and what you can do with it.

"The Pace", above all, means riding in a consistent way. It means control. It means knowing your limits and those of your bike and staying inside them.

"The Pace" means Riding To Live.

I Know - I'm Fukken Mad - What - It's Winter here :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it Pete.
You brought it on, talking about dancing the bike.

That's how the music fits the ride. If the ride is consistent, then sooner or later some music will show up to fit it.

Often months or years later.

Everyone's pace is individual and varies with conditions. It's just what you feel comfortable with on the day. You can tell how I ride from the music - power ballads and dirges :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Further and continually appreciated insights into the philosophy behind Pete Logan's riding.
It's a simple philosophy, Lil.

I Ride to Live.

I aim to achieve that by Not Dying :rofl:

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts