Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I had nail polish that color. Nice!

What's up with the tour-pak... leather-wrapped, or matte black?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Outstanding! After the consideration, the research, the inquiries, the deposit/committent... and then the waiting (Ha!), it is great to see its arrival! Congratulations and take a bow. It is an awesome thing isn't it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
VROCK, that is one beautiful motorcycle !!!!

Wow, it will be hard not to see you coming a long way off !

One question I have from looking at the pictures: Assuming that since it is an Ultra and therefore equipped with a CB, I am curious about the two antennas on the tour-pak. I was not aware that H-D had come out with shorter antennas than the long whips like on my 02 Ultra, and especially a shorter one for the CB.

Can you tell me a little more about the antennas ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aftermarket

VROCK, that is one beautiful motorcycle !!!!

Wow, it will be hard not to see you coming a long way off !

One question I have from looking at the pictures: Assuming that since it is an Ultra and therefore equipped with a CB, I am curious about the two antennas on the tour-pak. I was not aware that H-D had come out with shorter antennas than the long whips like on my 02 Ultra, and especially a shorter one for the CB.

Can you tell me a little more about the antennas ?

Thanks !
These are some shorty aftermarket antennas that I picked up at Auto Zone
The small one will not work with the CB. It is just for looks.
There are some small ones made for our bikes though. But Quite expensive. And you would probably want to match any antenna to the radio with a SWR meter. Or take it to a good CB shop and have them do it. Or you will Blow your CB module!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Pretty much what I had been thinking as I also have a set of shorty aftermarket antennas for my Ultra.... I just don't turn on the CB when they are on. I go back to the long fishing rods when I go on trips.

Oh well.... it was nice to hope that maybe H-D had come out with something new....... :eek: ;)

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
VROCK SE... How's it going with that thang? How does it compare? Saw one in the back room at my dealer this past Saturday and it was the same as yours. In a word... S W E E T.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So Far, Great!

VROCK SE... How's it going with that thang? How does it compare? Saw one in the back room at my dealer this past Saturday and it was the same as yours. In a word... S W E E T.
Hey Steve,
So Far it is Great! I have only put around 150 miles on her so far. But Man, The difference in power in the TC88 is just awesome. Cannot wait to get it tuned and Breathing properly! My observations are:
More power , But this engine is happy @ Higher RPM's than the TC88. Like 2500 on up.

The suspension is definately a better ride than the 06. Should be same rear
air shocks as the 06. But It feels firmer, Rides better, and sits a little higher.
I suspect that the CVO might have SE Fork oil.

The radio Definately sounds better. Louder without distorting at HWY speeds.
The XM Radio is Great! I love XM!!!

I love the Heated seat and Grips. Even the low setting on the seat is very Warm. And the highest setting on the grips is Fair.

I like the Bag/Trunk Electric lock. Very convienent.

The tour pak is Smaller!

I am not sure about the Alarm yet. Seems that I do not know about it yet.
It will arm while I am still on the bike. Just a few seconds after turning the ignition off. ( Do not leave home without the FOB!)

The transmission:
I have tried to make this thing make noise and it will not! I have lugged it a little in both 5th and 6th gears. But it has been very cold weather here. It may change in warmer weather.

The paint is awesome!

The gauges are backlit Red. Looks great AND THE FRIGGIN TACH NEEDLE IS LIT!!! ( Guess HD learned something after the VROD Tach)

The stock exhaust is too quiet for my taste.

And the Chrome looks great! But will take Hours to detail this Bike!

Harley SUCKS for putting out this Engine/Bike with no Exhaust/AF Upgrades
available at all. That will keep the warranty intact!!! And running very lean from the factory to Boot!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Great recap!

You have built-in XM radio!?! You're not worthy! :) I rented a car once with XM and loved it. I would really value a portable XM radio I could tuck in a pocket, maybe with the antenna sticking out, and use it whenever, wherever, any bike.

Heated seats/grips!?! Not worthy. Ha! Actually, the Munich thing here came with a heated seat and I was one thinking who would ever need that? My rear end seems to be frying whenever I ride. Then I tried it once on a cold ride. I AM A CONVERT! What a difference. Ahhhhhh!

Yes, that alarm system is something, and something to get used to. I remember the first time parking the FLHRSE3 in the garage, going up stairs and putting the key away, going back to the garage and moving the bike. Whoa! Lights flashing, Danger Will Robinson!

Give the exhaust a chance during the break-in period. It isn't too bad. Low and deep. Two up with the bride it might have its advantages. Jury is still out for me... but I might keep. Dunno.

Again, congrats and take a bow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts