Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Retired citizen
26,071 Posts
I only care for the obsolete Harleys anymore, no way to keep up with the current models. the MoCo has everyone not employees locked out. If you aren't a Harley franchisee or employee you aren't in. So I only work on real Harleys !

·
Registered
2016 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
1,635 Posts
My wife loves her 2016 Forty-Eight. Maybe I can sell it as a collector's item in the near future!!!

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I haven't kept up with HD new models since the M8 intro. I read a post about a sportster water cool issue and had to find out what I was missing. Boy was I in for a surprised when I went to the HD model website! My old brain doesn't have room for new Harleys, I barely keep up with Twin Cams.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts

·
Retired citizen
26,071 Posts
Are Sportster owners past and present legally considered vested in the Sportster model line ? Would a class action lawsuit prevent the MoCo from discontinuing the Sportster model line ? Any forum legal gurus here have input on this ?

Reactions: JTJ

·
Registered
26,947 Posts
Are Sportster owners past and present legally considered vested in the Sportster model line ? Would a class action lawsuit prevent the MoCo from discontinuing the Sportster model line ? Any forum legal gurus here have input on this ?
Legally.
Harley owns the name and trademark to all their models.
They can make what they want ,and call it what they want.

If HD feels it's time to reinvent the wheel to boost sales, I wish them luck.
There are more new bikes for sale than riders to buy them, the only way to make sales happen is to stop selling parts for old bikes. Have you ever been told by the guy at the parts counter that the part you're looking for is obsolete?
It sucks.....welcome to the club.

The only thing that could stop it would be a declaration of emergency by the president. < ain't gunna happen.
Remember when Covid first hit and the cry for ventilators in the media , Trump "asked" companies that didn't make ventilators to make some, then engineers and designers across the country started making what was needed......only to find out they weren't really needed after all.

This isn't an emergency. There is nothing to declare but a bad business decision.
I feel bad for all the owners who will be orphaned by the company when the parts supply dries up.
I hope the new model is affordable and has few problems ,what ever it is called.

Disclaimer:
I am not a lawyer , but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts