Harley Davidson Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sad, another management decision. Let’s just “Be Correct” End times coming, like it or not. Harley, and the Davidson’s will be turning over in their grave. Just another example of “man destroying themselves” I ride my hog until I not able, Enjoy what time we have left on this planet, ride your Hog

·
Registered
440 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Now that's an adventure bike I would actually purchase! Lower ride height and I assume lighter weight. Love it!

As for killing the Sportster, it is just another decision by the current admin that has me wondering if I should sell my HD stock. The upper management seems to be lacking in actual riders and actual Americans these days. Don't mean to sound racist or anything, but the MOCO seems to be losing some of it's identity.

Sometimes it is good to be old.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Legally.
Harley owns the name and trademark to all their models.
They can make what they want ,and call it what they want.

If HD feels it's time to reinvent the wheel to boost sales, I wish them luck.
There are more new bikes for sale than riders to buy them, the only way to make sales happen is to stop selling parts for old bikes. Have you ever been told by the guy at the parts counter that the part you're looking for is obsolete?
It sucks.....welcome to the club.

The only thing that could stop it would be a declaration of emergency by the president. < ain't gunna happen.
Remember when Covid first hit and the cry for ventilators in the media , Trump "asked" companies that didn't make ventilators to make some, then engineers and designers across the country started making what was needed......only to find out they weren't really needed after all.

This isn't an emergency. There is nothing to declare but a bad business decision.
I feel bad for all the owners who will be orphaned by the company when the parts supply dries up.
I hope the new model is affordable and has few problems ,what ever it is called.

Disclaimer:
I am not a lawyer , but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
I'm guessing Harley feeling the weight of restrictive world standards. Honda is killing off the Gold Wing I hear as well as Yamaha is dropping it's big tourer both due to the new EU restrictions. Since Harley sells to a global market maybe it feels the sales losses would make keeping the model alive would be a losing proposition?

·
Retired citizen
26,071 Posts
IMO the Sportster models are the most reliable Harleys I've ever owned and the easiest to service from a service shop perspective.
Not to worry, I'll keep the Sportster models running until I can't twist the grip any longer !
Buells too.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts