Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you fellas&gals clean the inside of the muffler tips weather it's chrome or black? I clean mine depending on how much I ride I like keeping them looking new. I also kept the DNA megaphones tips clean also I always get asked if I just install them but they been on for 9 months.

·
Super Moderator
4,719 Posts
If it's shiny, it gets polished :)

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,178 Posts
I ride too much for me to worry about that. Yours sure look nice though.

·
weird member
2,844 Posts
I cleaned mine once, but it was such a pita and they got dirty again so fast that I decided it wasn't worth keeping up with.
IMG_20201015_202503423.jpg IMG_20201015_202442523.jpg

This is what it looks like now:
PXL_20210504_195109854.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
What did the leper say to the hooker?

Keep the tip.

·
Registered
864 Posts
with my Power Duals, the left one gets black, the right one doesn't, so I have to clean them because it drives me nuts. I am CDO, (which is OCD but in the right order🥴)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
with my Power Duals, the left one gets black, the right one doesn't, so I have to clean them because it drives me nuts.
As do mine, and now I feel a little better about it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
As do mine, and now I feel a little better about it.
I've seen and asked several owners of those headpipes and it's always the same. Blackened left not right. Also, the heatshields are slightly lower than stock and I've ground mine down some and so do a lot of folks. You can't lean as far to the right as with stock (or probably other aftermarket headpipes) but I still love em.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
My 1st SG, (3 RK's before), and it came with the Power Duals on it, but yes, I've ground my heat shields as well! And I agree, I love them too!

·
Super Moderator
4,719 Posts
Reactions: loubob
1 - 15 of 15 Posts