Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ultra Classic is one Comfortable Rolling Sofa! I just love mine for comfort and touring 2 up! With the Cruise control, Radio, MP3 player, CB, WB CD player. And Air Ride. And all the storage with the Tour Pak and Bags,And Glove Boxes. It is Sweet! The Stock TC 88 Lacks a little in the power dept, But If I wanna go fast, I get on the VRSCSE!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
I don't need to read this! :) This bike is enticing.

Can note I've rented E-Glides on many far away rides and can confirm it delivers the touring experience like none other.

How do you like the 1200C?

·
Registered
41 Posts
gotta agree on the ultra, nothing else like it. Second touring H-D and could not think of a better ride to have. Mine was also underpowered in the factory configuration, but not no more, wahoo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
gotta agree on the ultra, nothing else like it. Second touring H-D and could not think of a better ride to have. Mine was also underpowered in the factory configuration, but not no more, wahoo.
What all did you do, for more power?

AJ

·
Registered
45 Posts
My first ride on an Ultra was the 2007 model at a Dealer demo day. It certainly lived up to my expectations. Liked the 6 speed box and the creature comforts. The gearbox was a little noisy in 5th. I couldn't hear the noise on the other 2007 models I rode but maybe the fairing and lowers direct the noise up or something. :ride

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The R1200C

I don't need to read this! :) This bike is enticing.

Can note I've rented E-Glides on many far away rides and can confirm it delivers the touring experience like none other.

How do you like the 1200C?
The BMW R1200C is a good bike. They quit making them in 06 I think. They are soo different than any other bike. That is what I like about them. If you are interested in one, you should study up on them at chromeheads.org
It is a site just for the R1200C. Alot of info on them there. They are known as the James Bond Bike.
There was one in a James Bond Movie in 98 when they first came out. Die another day, or something like that.
But it stiil aint no Harley!!!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
VROCK SE...

Know about the 1200C having an affinity for the boxer engine. Ride a 1200GS for all the forest roads here in the Rockies. Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls had one of the early ones. Remember seeing a picture of him on it. And I remember that stunt rider taking the 1200C over jumps, in buildings, in that 007 movie. Nice thing about having diff bikes is the appreciation one gains for the other. Nice combination you have there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VROCK SE...

Know about the 1200C having an affinity for the boxer engine. Ride a 1200GS for all the forest roads here in the Rockies. Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls had one of the early ones. Remember seeing a picture of him on it. And I remember that stunt rider taking the 1200C over jumps, in buildings, in that 007 movie. Nice thing about having diff bikes is the appreciation one gains for the other. Nice combination you have there.

Yes , and Harrison Ford had one, And I could have bought one That Bob Seger ordered new. ( The day I bought my Ultra) Just could not swing it. And
there are a few more famous people who ride them that I cannot think of right now.
And you are right about appreciating the other bike. My family (Wife and Kids ) Love the Beemer and will not let me sell it.
The Boxer sounds good with loud pipes also!!!
And my favorite part of the bike is the Brakes!!! They are just freaking awesome!!!!!! I have tried to make the rear tire Slide by Locking up the brakes on a wet road, Yes WET. And no could do. It just come to a controlled stop. That German Engineering is something else!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Sound like you have the ABS option. Maybe all 1200C's come with it. Recall the ads back then, saying something like "A cruiser with an engineering degree."

If the family is endeared to it, avoid facing the music by not selling it. Did this once and I get the evil eye whenever we see the same model on the road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ultra sorta

I took an 04 Classic and "made it" into an Ultra. I liked it so much that after I wrecked the 04 I bought an 06 Classic and did the same thing. Kind of a mix, but I like the combination (for me).

The Classic has a Jim's 120 and a HD 6-speed in it. About 3,500 miles. Very happy with that combination.

Bought the lowers, rear speakers and amp, cruise control to sorta Ultra-ize the Classic. Removed some of the rails and lights from the saddlebags and tour pak to sorta Street-Glide it.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice Bike!

I took an 04 Classic and "made it" into an Ultra. I liked it so much that after I wrecked the 04 I bought an 06 Classic and did the same thing. Kind of a mix, but I like the combination (for me).

The Classic has a Jim's 120 and a HD 6-speed in it. About 3,500 miles. Very happy with that combination.

Bought the lowers, rear speakers and amp, cruise control to sorta Ultra-ize the Classic. Removed some of the rails and lights from the saddlebags and tour pak to sorta Street-Glide it.
Hey , Nice Bike! I have seen a few of those done before. To Glance at the bike , you think it is a Electra or a Ultra.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It rocks

Yeah, the 120 Jim's is giving me 114 HP on the ground with 116 ft lbs of torque. It's dyno tuned to put a perfect round torque curve that exceeds 100 lbs from 2,000 rpm to 5,000. I love the torque.
It's also well behaved: loves putting around and parade riding without any complaints or over-heating (and I'm in Florida). It's not noisy, either. It gives you some rocking around a bit at idle, but smooths out as soon as you come off of idle.
I'm very impressed with it, but it's expensive.
Selling the TC-88 when it was new (17 miles) helped pay for it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts