Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 2013 Street Glide a little over a month ago, and have been seriously considering my next move. I knew only one thing for sure. I knew the new bike was "not" going to be a Harley! What you say? Well before anyone gets defensive, take a look at my signature and you will clearly see that I am a true Harley loyalist.

I also appreciate all rides and riders regardless of their choice or brand loyalty. I have owned other bikes, and loved each one for sometimes entirely different reasons.

Okay, so what did I buy? I am now the proud owner of a new 2014 Yamaha FJr Es 1300. I only picked it up this evening so nothing to report, but I will tell you that nothing I have owned for sometime put a smile on my face like the FJ did.

I look forward to hitting the road this weekend to continue what I expect to be a long love affair. I'm not going to stop visiting here because as I said before, I love my Harley's, just ready for a change.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
I sold my 2013 Street Glide a little over a month ago, and have been seriously considering my next move. I knew only one thing for sure. I knew the new bike was "not" going to be a Harley! What you say? Well before anyone gets defensive, take a look at my signature and you will clearly see that I am a true Harley loyalist.

I also appreciate all rides and riders regardless of their choice or brand loyalty. I have owned other bikes, and loved each one for sometimes entirely different reasons.

Okay, so what did I buy? I am now the proud owner of a new 2014 Yamaha FJr Es 1300. I only picked it up this evening so nothing to report, but I will tell you that nothing I have owned for sometime put a smile on my face like the FJ did.

I look forward to hitting the road this weekend to continue what I expect to be a long love affair. I'm not going to stop visiting here because as I said before, I love my Harley's, just ready for a change.
Really? Hey, Man, to each his own, your money so ya got spend it on what makes ya happy. Ride safe, enjoy. Sometimes change is good. Those last 3 HD you owned I would drool over.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Really? Hey, Man, to each his own, your money so ya got spend it on what makes ya happy. Ride safe, enjoy. Sometimes change is good.
Dats right!!

I will admit I had to glance at emmojo's join date and post count :laugh
I kinda expected joined yesterday and this was the 2nd post :what?

No dis intended emmo :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dats right!!

I will admit I had to glance at emmojo's join date and post count :laugh
I kinda expected joined yesterday and this was the 2nd post :what?

No dis intended emmo :)
No dis taken, but I don't get your point.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Ride that beast to the collision man.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
No dis taken, but I don't get your point.
A while back it seems to me as this site had several post or threads from folks
Saying they wish they had or had a brand of bike other than a Harley

some of those seemed like they joined just to get a dig in on Harleys and they had a few post and joined just days prior! and never heard from again

Just saying I mis-judge at first..LOL I'm nuts like that :what?

On my second Harley and have several imports, old kaw zx1100 and a suzuki bandit with touring bags and trunk so I'm not a against them

·
Lost and Confused
106 Posts
Congrats on your new bike.:)

You will miss your Harley, I just came off a 2006 FJR. Rode it for about a year then it got bored

Is not the same feeling cruising down the highway like on a Harley:)

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
You are clearly younger and or more flexible than I am. There is no way I could ride any distance in the position that bike would put me in.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Enjoy your new ride. Hope you have many years of enjoyment from her.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts