Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been suffering from some pretty ugly back pain, lately, which has been keeping me up at night. Last night was no exception - I don't believe I fell asleep until close to five.

While laying in bed trying to sleep, I suddenly got a strange "gut feeling" at around 3:30AM. Heard something outside, but that's not out of the ordinary. But it just struck me funny this time. It was enough to inspire me to put my hand on my Glock laying next to me. My dog, Floppopotamus Otis, got up and walked to the door of my bedroom and stood there looking out. He took a walk through the house and came back. No barking, so I stayed in bed and went back to trying to get to sleep.

Well, folks, it looks like things could've gotten ugly. Perhaps it was a God-Sent that my buddy didn't bark. I got up at around 7:30, showered and went to get some coffee at the corner store. As I pulled out of my driveway, I looked over and this is what I saw...

I need to go put some rounds through my new Remington Tactical M887 as I'm concerned that it could fail me in a situation like that. I would've taken the Glock and the shotgun out the door with the shotgun in hand. Needs to be broken-in properly. Anyway... :cussing

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i too have a severe back issue that keeps me up many nights. two years ago i was up thru-out the night. as most nights when im up i took a walk around the house and shop, well i spotted a vehicle on the road spot-lighting, for a while there was a poaching problem in the area i lived. so i got out my million candle power spot light and proceeded to shine it out to the road (about 500 yards), after watching the vehicle turn around twice and continue spotting i figgured id turn it up a notch, so i grabbed up the mossy 500A and tapped off 2 bird rounds into the air. well that didnt sit to well with the guy out at the road, HE WAS A COP !! so the lights came on and he sped up the road to my drive way and came in like he was chased by zombies. he stopped about 40 yards shy of my house (big log home) so i went out ta see what he was up to, thats when he drew down on me and told me to lay on the ground or i would be tazed. well after cuffin me and settin me in the back of the squad car he went to the house and woke the wife who had still bin sleepin. he asked her about the shoty and wanted ta see it, she declined handing it to him and showed him the shoty thru the window and then stepped out shutting the door behind her. after a few ??s he comes back to the car and calls his sup. after about 10 minutes the chief shows up and gos over the situation, i told him we had a poaching problem and i was just keepin an eye out and that i litt off the shoty ta discourage any more activity. the chief talks to the deputy and then decides to let me out and removes the cuffs. he then tells me the next time i think we have poachers i should just call it in, a few minutes later i was inside explaining the situation to the wife....... well youd think that was the end of it, but nooooooo............ about a week later theres another officer in the driveway, i figgured they might be wanting to make an arrest now that they have all of the facts. turns out they were looking into the incident but not at me so much. i told the guy what happened and they filled out a report. three weeks later the officer was arrested for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, poaching !!!!! score one for the common man :know

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Yep...In Texas thats a shootable offence....glad you didn't have to shoot them...cars today..breaking in your house tommorow...sorry bastages...

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Can't trust nobody these days. Last Saturday, I went to Lake Somerville, TX to the Carts, Bikers and Babes. A girl took off her Harley jacket, got up on the stripper pole and entertained for a while. Someone poached her jacket. She had nothing to wear for the longest. Seriously, watch the rallies. Someone sole my cup holder at one last year.

(and yes, I have pics, but they are not available yet. :nod)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
If it were me I would have waited until daylight to change my tires.... :goob
. Glad thats all the POS did!!!

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i too have a severe back issue that keeps me up many nights. Two years ago i was up thru-out the night. As most nights when im up i took a walk around the house and shop, well i spotted a vehicle on the road spot-lighting, for a while there was a poaching problem in the area i lived. So i got out my million candle power spot light and proceeded to shine it out to the road (about 500 yards), after watching the vehicle turn around twice and continue spotting i figgured id turn it up a notch, so i grabbed up the mossy 500a and tapped off 2 bird rounds into the air. Well that didnt sit to well with the guy out at the road, he was a cop !! So the lights came on and he sped up the road to my drive way and came in like he was chased by zombies. He stopped about 40 yards shy of my house (big log home) so i went out ta see what he was up to, thats when he drew down on me and told me to lay on the ground or i would be tazed. Well after cuffin me and settin me in the back of the squad car he went to the house and woke the wife who had still bin sleepin. He asked her about the shoty and wanted ta see it, she declined handing it to him and showed him the shoty thru the window and then stepped out shutting the door behind her. After a few ??s he comes back to the car and calls his sup. After about 10 minutes the chief shows up and gos over the situation, i told him we had a poaching problem and i was just keepin an eye out and that i litt off the shoty ta discourage any more activity. The chief talks to the deputy and then decides to let me out and removes the cuffs. He then tells me the next time i think we have poachers i should just call it in, a few minutes later i was inside explaining the situation to the wife....... Well youd think that was the end of it, but nooooooo............ About a week later theres another officer in the driveway, i figgured they might be wanting to make an arrest now that they have all of the facts. Turns out they were looking into the incident but not at me so much. I told the guy what happened and they filled out a report. Three weeks later the officer was arrested for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, poaching !!!!! Score one for the common man :know
wow!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
So in Texas, you can draw down on somebody you catch committing a crime vigilante style?
And in Montana you can just fire off rounds all willy nilly to scare people away.
Wow, here in Ohio, they make us practice responsible gun ownership.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
So in Texas, you can draw down on somebody you catch committing a crime vigilante style?
And in Montana you can just fire off rounds all willy nilly to scare people away.
I sense a bit of cynicism in this post.

Do you have issue with protecting ones property that you would like ot share with us?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have issue with irresponsible use of firearms. Gives politicians as much reason for stiffer gun control laws as some nut case shooting up a school. Aren't our rights as legal gun owners being infringed upon enough?

·
Señor Member
19,591 Posts
You mean you surrender your property?

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,511 Posts
Actually, the law in Texas states that you can shoot during daylight hours in defense of life (yours or someone elses) and during hours of darkness in defense of life or property.

And BTW, hunting them down and admistering justice would be vigilantism. Stopping a crime is considered responsible, legal, and just. Being responsible does not mean you have to allow the bad guys to win.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I stand corrected! Texas is free to fire away!

Texas Penal Code - Section 9.42. Deadly Force To Protect Property
§ 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or
tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the
other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the
deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of
arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the
nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing
immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated
robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the
property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or
recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to
protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or
another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

·
Banned
853 Posts
I would have loved to have caught him/ them in the act. 2 shotgun blasts in the air to get them/neighborhood's attention then on the ground face up in case they tried to get up you're covered from a back shot.

One of my biggest pet peeves is thievery.

Had to put poeple down w the ol ithaca or 870 express magnum in the Corps. They get religion all of a sudden. IMHO people that bold are usually on drugs and are likely to hurt someone eventually. I'd try to change their chosen profession.
But that's just me.

Semper fi !!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,015 Posts
2 shotgun blasts into the air....

Isn't that exactly what Joe Biden suggested ?
Executive Branch approval...what more could you want?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,015 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,015 Posts
Its easier to have a shell holster on the opposite side of where your chin is on the stock and their you go! I've got 5 extra. Most LEO shotguns have them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I've got one on my 12 ga., but given the need, I'd have one ready to slip into the magazine.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts