Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like the site is still fried. My first impression of the new VRSCF was not good but I have learned over the years to reserve final judgment until I get used to it. There are many cars that I didn't like at first but "grew" on me as time went on.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
It looks like the site is still fried. My first impression of the new VRSCF was not good but I have learned over the years to reserve final judgment until I get used to it. There are many cars that I didn't like at first but "grew" on me as time went on.
Same here. Have more than once gained appreciation for a new model I first had hesitations about.

To be sure, many V-Rod owners are apparently put off by the VRSCF but I think there's a little defensiveness here. Have seen the same attitude from owners of other makes/models when a new "update" is released -- the need to feel better about what they currently ride. Egads, you'd think the VRSCF was radically different; it is still very much V-Rod like in its appearance. At other H-D sites the reviews for the VRSCF are quite rave.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,182 Posts
Don't you wish you could see the prototypes of what they think the bikes will look like in 5 to 10 years?

I have just a sneaking suspicion the F's new styling direction is a precursor to more futuristic changes.
By comparison, recent model Harleys have been pretty traditional.

It's got a vaguely pre-Mad-Max angular / brutish flavor to it, I think.

·
its rusting
429 Posts
refreshing to get to a place that isn't whining about the muscle.

i'll admit that the F didn't give me the vibes that the DX did, but i'm sure the VRSC line will carry on

on the bright side, i'm liking that newly available rack bag

·
Registered
212 Posts
Baggers with Beefier Frames and 180mm rear tires? Could this be the first step towards a revo-powered bagger? Not that I'm in a hurry, I figgure I have 10 more years before I need anything with a windshield anyway. :laugh:

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,182 Posts
I do not understand the reason they don't have anti-lock brakes available on more models. How much different can the system be to impliment?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why Did They Get Rid Of The Wideglide???

They are sporting 3 super glides and they have the rocker models and I can't say that I know anyone that has any of the 4 models mentioned. I LOVE my WIDE GLIDE! I'm not crazy about the rear fender, but the apes and forward controls look awesome. I get a lot of comments. What was the corporate office thinking...Perhaps they should have conducted some marketing analysis before stopping the production of the WIDEGLIDE..Your thoughts?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not understand the reason they don't have anti-lock brakes available on more models. How much different can the system be to impliment?

Agreed. Are there any cars sold without ABS? I'm not sure but I dont think so. If there are it's only a handful.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,182 Posts
Here's another good idea that I hesitate to suggest should be a regulation.
I think all new cars have to have a tire pressure monitoring/warning function, even if it's as rudimentary as the valve-stem caps that turn red if pressure drops.

Like motorcyclists don't need a quick warning they have low tire pressure?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Here's another good idea that I hesitate to suggest should be a regulation.
I think all new cars have to have a tire pressure monitoring/warning function, even if it's as rudimentary as the valve-stem caps that turn red if pressure drops.

Like motorcyclists don't need a quick warning they have low tire pressure?
Nathan, that is one of the best ideas I've ever heard!

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are sporting 3 super glides and they have the rocker models and I can't say that I know anyone that has any of the 4 models mentioned. I LOVE my WIDE GLIDE! I'm not crazy about the rear fender, but the apes and forward controls look awesome. I get a lot of comments. What was the corporate office thinking...Perhaps they should have conducted some marketing analysis before stopping the production of the WIDEGLIDE..Your thoughts?
I don't know what they're thinking up there in Milwaukee? They ruined the StreetBob with that butt-ugly tail light and the engine case, they should have known what made that bike popular was BLACK! And then they drop the WG? Somebody up there needs to be slapped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts