Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 07 ultra with what appears to be a normal issue. A hot exhaust pipe under your left thigh and the heat shields are a joke when in stop & go traffic in the summer months. I was looking to change the exhaust pipes to an aftermarket product. It appears that in 09 they start running the dual pipe under the frame, what is different and why can't you do that on a 07 / 08 Ultra?

Any ideas other than going to a 2 into 1 pipe system?

·
Just Ride
3,202 Posts
Different frame 2008 and up.You could try to wrap the head pipes then fit heat shield over the wrap. Not sure if it's possible,someone here should.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, there is no real room for an additional shield behind what HD uses. I did find a set of pipes from S&S that wrap the exhaust under the fram like the 09's and later. HAs anyone tried using this product?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Thanks, there is no real room for an additional shield behind what HD uses. I did find a set of pipes from S&S that wrap the exhaust under the fram like the 09's and later. HAs anyone tried using this product?
I have no experience with those head pipes, but I would not hesitate to buy anything from S&S. They are a well-established company with an excellent reputation.

You might also consider true duals. Rush and others make them that are ceramic lined and significantly reduce the heat.

·
Smokin Ogre
261 Posts
I had an 07 Road Glide with the same problem. I changed out to true duels, high flow intake and a fuel processor. This cut the heat down significantly.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Capt Itch might just solve your heat problem.
motorcycle heat shield, motorcycle heat deflector

I just got the plain bar & shield embossed set for my 06 FLHT. They install in a minute and look like they came on the bike from the factory. We are only in the mid 80s right now in June so I don't really have a true test of their effectiveness yet. When I was reviewing the product there were lot of satisfied customers. I will know soon enough as it is getting hot here in AL.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I installed the SS pipes on my RK this year and love them so far. Heat is gone. I installed them because I was installing a ThunderMax and needed the 0-2 bungs. Really like the quality of the pipes and they went on real easy.

Getting rid of the heat was just a bonus.

Bruce

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you ALL! these are all great suggestions. I will be doing something real soon as Goodtime1 said its only June and allready hot in AL. Well its already hot here in Texas as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts