Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about a batwing fairing for my RK , I would like to see what other people have and hear your opinion on different brands :feedback:

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I put a Tsukuyu on my old RK, quality product but realized I was trying to change my RK into something it was not and bought an Ultra.
Best move I ever made.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I put a Tsukuyu on my old RK, quality product but realized I was trying to change my RK into something it was not and bought an Ultra.
Best move I ever made.
My thoughts exactly!

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Best move I ever made.

+2

I looked at doing the same thing with my Super Glide. Decided the same thing HDSickness did and bought a StreetGlide Special. Could not be happier.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
287 Posts
Keep the RK the RK... you want a batwing, get an Ultra. I would love that windshield of the RK. I have an EGC, used to have a Softail Heritage. The windshield is so much better at protecting you. I used to be able to smoke a cigar on the freeway while riding, but with the EGC, the ashes fly everywhere and swirl around my crotch with the wind flow pattern, not to mention the increased wind on my face which makes it just about impossible to get a good puff anyway.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Put one on my RK and love it. Cut way down on wind buffing that I had with the wind shield. Wind flows right over my head. Haven't tried it with a sea-gar yet, might be a issue. Reckless MotorCycle.

Attachments

·
Union Ironworker
185 Posts
I've got the removable batwing for my RK and love it and figure I have the best of both worlds....personally I've never liked the look of the all clear windshield but to each their own.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Hell, I put one on my Dyna, it was near the same price as a windshield, brackets and all, from Memphis Shades.

Thought I'd only use it on long rides, but, I think, it's only been of the bike once...

1410395441691.jpg

I'll buy a street/road glide at some point but for now, I have a "light weight" tourer.

If ya want a bat wing get one, just don't spend so much that you'll be saying, I should a bought a Street Glide...

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
I have the Memphis Shades BW on my (slightly) modified NightTrain. I added the extensions and LOVE it.
Even if I get an Ultra I'll keep the BW on the Train.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Memphis Shades Batwing on my '10 RK with "wings" absolutley love it! Only downside is the tri pack made by MS that states " Designed in USA , Made in China" The end pouches are jammed into the handlebars at the position I need to have the air flow over my head. Plus is the shield stops the glare from all the chrome reflecting the sun. Haven't had the stock shield on since the 2010 Daytona run!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Best move I ever made.
Same here... I was thinking of adding a batwing and hard saddlebags for my 2007 Deluxe and realized I wanted a SG. So sold that bike and got my 2008 SG.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts