Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
After much consideration i am thinking of pulling the trigger on a used 2010 FLHTCU for some longer riding trips vice my softail... any thoughts or comments?
Tony

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
well, I kinda did the same thing last year. Traded in my paid for 2000 Fatboy that I absolutely loved and completely tricked out for a 2011 Ultra Classic....
I am very, very happy with the trade. I made a smokin deal on the Ultra.

I miss the heck outta the FB, but it just was not a touring bike and I needed the 2up storage space. would have kept them both if I could have afforded..... I'll probably be kicking myself for that one for a while....

Absolutely no regrets with the Ultra though...They can call me a geezer all they want.... I'm ridin in comfort..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chad,
I hear you on that one... i am thinking if i get good enough a deal i will keep the Softail...best laid plans, you know?

·
Administrator
13,275 Posts
Do it. I have a FLHT and an FXD. Best of both worlds.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
I am on my second Ultra. Wouldn't trade it for any other model. They have a way of spoiling you almost immediately after you take your first ride on one. I've taken this bike all over the country and it hasn't missed a beat.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I had a softail and I upgraded to an ultra classic and I haven't looked back... If you wanna take longer trips that is a perfect bike... Imo

·
Hard Member
3,255 Posts
Hey all,
After much consideration i am thinking of pulling the trigger on a used 2010 FLHTCU for some longer riding trips vice my softail... any thoughts or comments?
Tony
What are you waiting for? I bought mine and won't go back.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Turned in my roadking for an ultra and am absolutely in love with it. I have a quick disconnect for the tour pack so I get the best of both worlds ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1438810378.355059.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1438810405.657646.jpg

·
Registered
336 Posts
well, I kinda did the same thing last year. Traded in my paid for 2000 Fatboy that I absolutely loved and completely tricked out for a 2011 Ultra Classic....
I am very, very happy with the trade. I made a smokin deal on the Ultra.

I miss the heck outta the FB, but it just was not a touring bike and I needed the 2up storage space. would have kept them both if I could have afforded..... I'll probably be kicking myself for that one for a while....

Absolutely no regrets with the Ultra though...They can call me a geezer all they want.... I'm ridin in comfort..

I want to do the same thing but I absolutely CANNOT trade my 00 Fatboy, and cant afford two bikes either! Oh the delima:crying:crying:crying

·
Registered
363 Posts
I kept my 03 heritage and found a 07 roadglide ultra with 19,000 miles in 2010 it now has 104,000 plus another 10,000 or so on the heritage, I love the roadglide on trips but my heritage is my daily driver

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i did it!

After reading and researching and listening to you guys I bit the bullet and did it....
I will be picking up my 2013 FHLTC on Friday... it was a better deal overall than the 2010 i was looking at ... so... see you guys on the road! And THANKS for all the input....
Tony:grin

Attachments

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
I kept my 03 heritage and found a 07 roadglide ultra with 19,000 miles in 2010 it now has 104,000 plus another 10,000 or so on the heritage, I love the roadglide on trips but my heritage is my daily driver
+1 on this. I have an '05 Heritage that I've completely personalized from paint, to bling, to every skull imaginable, right down to the personalized plate "HAWGR". It's my daily driver.

Have a '14 Ultra also for two-up and long haul where comfort and storage is required. Wife likes the Ultra much better than the Softail.

On the downside, I can move the Softail around with my feet any way I want and it's more nimble on the twistys. Moving the Ultra with my feet is a PITA by comparison.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

·
American
28,696 Posts
I had a softail and I upgraded to an ultra classic and I haven't looked back... If you wanna take longer trips that is a perfect bike... Imo
Same here.... ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Everyone advised me that a bigger bike is better. I suffer from lower back issues and the 2010 Ultra Classic I have (with a back rest) is one of the most comfortable rides out there.
If you get one, get properly fitted. Make sure the seat height is right, handle bar reach comfortable, and windshield height correct. Otherwise, your bike will be a great garage ornament.
Upgrades to the stock seat, suspension, and highway pegs will only enhance your comfort.
I know...I have done multiple 700+ mile days on mine. Paperwork is in for two iron Butt awards....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts