Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
KING OF THE ROAD
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trade in is in the sig. Do the dealers care about all the stuff iv done? Will it add value or deduct? Im thinking of a 110 Anniversary addition. Do they sell for the msrp, over, or under? Ill stop by my dealer tomorrow. I know there is 1 dealer local with one in stock. Dont know what my dealer has as they dont list instock new.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
All of the aftermarket stuff you've done means nothing to the dealer. Either take it all off, or sell privately.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Unfortunately, it's just a RK to them. If you do pull the trigger, post pics.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's funny how the dealer doesn't care about all the add-ons. Until they sell the bike. Then it's a custom bike. :rollin

·
Registered
490 Posts
True.take the stuff off and sell those items,Dealers will not give you anymore .And as Joe 1221 pointed out they will try and get it from the guys who buys your old bike.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
They buy based on stock bike price and they sale for premium bike and acc price. So do as JP said. Sale them a stock bike and keep/sale acc or sale bike privately and probably make more that way anyway.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,288 Posts
Most of them use the NADA figures. I got 3000 more selling it private party. There are some good threads about the challenges of Craig's List and such but well worth it. If you go the dealer route, follow the good idea above and strip it, then you have to deal with selling the parts, if you even have the original parts.

And look on-line for the MSRP of the bike you are getting. Many dealers use that, avoid the ones that mark up higher than the MSRP.

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
Last fall, I thought about trading mine in ('01 UC). The salesman at the dealership told me they could only give me $4,000 for it because of the high miles on it (100,000 plus). But, he was honest enough to tell me that I could probably get about $7,000 for it in a private sale and suggested I try that route first. He pointedly said that all the customization makes no difference to them when they take trades. I gotta respect his honesty. I may go back to him when I am ready to buy another one.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Be aware that the initial casual price talks will not include several B.S. "dealer taxes" they won't mention until you are sitting down ready to sign.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I traded in my 03 sportster after it was on cl for 3 weeks with no calls,dealer gave me 20 bucks less than i payed for it. I drove it for 3 years and all i put on it was new tires,of course I got calls on it the day after I traded it in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts