Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it was a little sad, especially at this time of year that there was nothing posted in a forum set aside to allow for "Recognition or aid to the rider we share the road with". So let me tell you about this guy Tony.

Tony is another rider who is about 45 years of age. He has been on two wheels since he was a preteen and has probably owned near 20 motorcycles. He rides all weather except for snow and ice.

Knowing my story, wanting to ride my entire childhood and being into my 40's before it came together for me, Tony is one of the most supportive folk around. He listens to me think out loud and never imposes his will. He is truly a sounding board. There are moments where an experienced based, subtly spoken, yet resounding "No" pops up and they are more funny than anything, as we both laugh a little at me.

The other kind of support Tony has provide is in holding my hand and encouraging the heck out of me as I venture into performing small mechanical jobs on my motorcycle. This helps me break through some of the total ignorance about our wonderful machines. He has ushered in the first realization that all the little tooling jobs I've done in life gave me the permission to try some basic tasks.

Not having anyone to ride with, having a fellow rider who I can reach out to like Tony is a blessing!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great Friend!

It's great to have a friend there to help us out and Tony sounds like the best.
I have to say that my partner works at our local H-D shop and the guys up there have been my angels this summer as I learned to ride. I've wanted to ride as long as I can remember but my father, who could ride, said "No!" This year I decided the heck with what others said and did what I wanted to do. Happiness follows!
The guys at the shop even helped pick out my Low Rider. they watched every bike that came in and had me sitting on everything until they found what they declared was the perfect bike for someone like me who won't stay off my bike no matter what. They call me "Evil Kenivel"! What would we do without friends?

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,182 Posts
Women frequently make better friends than men, I have found.
Men usually have more BS going on, including me, of course, and we
wind up steppin' on each other's ...., uh,...., tails because of it.

A female friend once told me, as if I shouldn't have thought of it myself,
that women talk about feelings and people, where guys talk about things.

I have always preferred a mixed work environment, for the last year or so,
my workin' mates are all guys, and it gets a little stale.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey Tony,
I'm glad your around to help your friend and ours. Diamond Lil.

Lowrider Grl, I think you are also learning one of the things that makes motorcycling great. You cant really ever clump people into groups but I'll do it anyway. Bikers are the nicest people around. Just dont tell the general public.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Women frequently make better friends than men, I have found.
No $hit. I couldn't agree with you more.

Except they tend to put fringe on stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts