Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya'll think the H-D basic Stage 1 air cleaner kit (52796-09) is good enough or should I go with something else? I was thinking S&S, but I can't seem to figure out what part number is going to fit the 2009 and figuring that out from S&S is like pulling teeth. Don't want one of those tube and cone filters. Too edgy.

Part numbers please. :thumb

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just add the K/N air filter and leave your stock housing on the bike. you can find it on the web a lot cheaper than HD.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course, the last girl I dated was simple and inexpensive... and she was not good... in bed.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
The 07 (I think) and up stock air filter is a higher flow unit than the old ones and fine up through stage 2. I got burned on this one too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2006 w/ Super Sucker and have not had ANY problems, but you will need to get a programmer for it as it will run lean and backfire, not to mention constantly fouling your plugs :(

·
COB
1,984 Posts
A fouled plug is a plug that isn't in good shape, lean or rich. No?
Not actually. The term in common usage refers to a spark plug that has some varying mixture of carbon/oil/gasoline build up on the tip causing it not to be able to spark properly. A extremely lean condition usually results in what I have usually heard as a burnt plug.

But I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not actually. The term in common usage refers to a spark plug that has some varying mixture of carbon/oil/gasoline build up on the tip causing it not to be able to spark properly. A extremely lean condition usually results in what I have usually heard as a burnt plug.

But I've been wrong before.
Your correct.... we just call them JUNK around here. I burnt up 2 stes without the programmer on it. Now I have a set of NGK's on there and a power commander and it's running just fine :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm running the Doherty power pac with crank vents and a terminal velocity fuel management system on my 03 road glide, runs great no need for flashing new map with the T.V.

·
Registered
142 Posts
JAZZBALL, I have been looking for someone who used the TV system to no avail and then seen your answer . Is the unit all that it is cracked up to be? Someone on another forum said that using a closed loop system was impossible to have automatic adjusting ( wide band) capabilities. I looked at the thunderax and they use maps for the same type of system but then it is a replacement ECU. My local indy says the TV works good and had it on his scoot. Sorry to hijack the thread. Thanks for any help. ~ Nels

1 - 12 of 12 Posts