Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 road glide ultra and lighter does NOT work... Checked fuse=intact, reverse the plugs in the fairing= no change.. Not sure its the lighter itself or wiring... Note: lighter didn't work since day one....so, I figure it was wired wrong and when I change my bars and switch the plugs the result is still the same...

1.) maybe try a different lighter
2.) return to dealer and let them sort it out...

Side question.... I have Nothing to my knowledge plug into the accessory switch, should the accessory light still come on when button is pressed with nothing attach?

Goal is to avoid having my bike held hostage for 2 weeks... if possible :)

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Id pull the outer fairing and check the wires, see if theu have power. If not id let dealer figure it out aince its under warranty. The acc will still.light if turned on since the switch has power. Nothong is connected from factory unless you have factory installed gps. There is a power plug under seat for the switch if you need to wire something into it. That way you dont hack into the wireing harness.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
50 Posts
A friend of mine bought 2013 ultra recently. Same thing on his. Acc. Did not work from dealer. Turns out it was never connected. Dealer said they,(dealer), have to connect acc. At the store and it must have been overlooked.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
A friend of mine bought 2013 ultra recently. Same thing on his. Acc. Did not work from dealer. Turns out it was never connected. Dealer said they,(dealer), have to connect acc. At the store and it must have been overlooked.

That sounds like bs. The acc switch is wire into the harness, one plug controls that entire panel. And the cig plug comes out of the harness and plugs into the back of the lighter socket. Theres no way they could not hook them up without it not affecting that entire dashboard piece

·
Retired citizen
23,190 Posts
Use a test light to check the lighter. Put the negative or clip end to ground and the probe end into the lighter socket center terminal. The light should shine if voltage is present.
You can also use a multimeter set to DC volts, should read battery voltage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts