Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have ridden these roads, FM 335, FM 336 and FM 337, what would you rate them at from easiest to most difficult. There are 4 of us going this weekend and are going to be riding 2 up. Reason for the question is because the wives will be the passengers. Thanks in advance for your replies and any insight you may can give.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,350 Posts
The roads are not difficult, but you may encounter a lot of bike traffic and there is a group that comes down from Sheppard AFB and run the roads in their little sports cars like it was the grand Prix that could cause you some anxious moments. Take your time and enjoy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Do the speed limit and stay to the INSIDE of lane on blind corners. Vehicles coming other way may be in your lane :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
We were out there in 2011 and rode that area........Nice rides but I found those road to be just scenic rides and nothing difficult at all.

·
Registered
302 Posts
People who have problems on the Three Sisters have two issues:
1) Going to fast for conditions
2) Fixating on something off the road, instead of keeping eyes on the road in front of you

just saying...

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've only done Medina to Leakey and back, due to time constraints. But, there is nothing difficult about the ride. On the tight turns, there will be suggested speed signs (such as 25mph), so you can adjust your speed accordingly.

I did a video on some of that stretch which should give you an idea.

Click here

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for your reply's. Just got back in town from riding them. Nothing difficult and the whole group all came back in one piece. It was a great ride and a beautiful area. Will surely do it again and hopefully next time have more time to ride more of that part of the country.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
just got back today from riding the sisters on Fri. not difficult....LOTS and LOTS of bikes though....just make sure you got pleny of gas...and water...they are in the middle of nowhere....keep a look in your mirrors for bikes going around...there is a rally going on down in Leaky or camp wood this weekend so watch for bikes and deer..and allow yourself pretty much all day to ride them...and check out the Lonestar bike Mus. worth the 5 bucks...and there are a lot of old geezers in cages out to look at the flowers....other than that no problem....also a little hint....if you got the girls with you ...places for girls to take "pee stops' are few and far between in places...just a warning...

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Oh sorry...little late to this party....

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've rode those roads so many times and love it each time. Another great ride if you are from San Antonio is ride up 16 to Bandera, Eat at Ost in Bandera and take 16 to Kerrville. As you enter Kerrville, take the 534 loop to the right around Kerrville and before you reenter the town you will be up on a hill and take 1341 back towards the town of Comfort. If you have a lot more time, take 473 out of Comfort to U.S 281 and then head south to Home.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've rode those roads so many times and love it each time. Another great ride if you are from San Antonio is ride up 16 to Bandera, Eat at Ost in Bandera and take 16 to Kerrville. As you enter Kerrville, take the 534 loop to the right around Kerrville and before you reenter the town you will be up on a hill and take 1341 back towards the town of Comfort. If you have a lot more time, take 473 out of Comfort to U.S 281 and then head south to Home. 1341 parallels U.S.10

1 - 14 of 14 Posts