Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Doc
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just diagnosed with Tendonosis in my right arm and looking for some relief without droping a c-note or more. Looked at Throttle Boss/Cramp Buster stuff and "most" of the reviews are good but occaisionally I'll come across one that warns of unintended acelleration.

Any comments/recommendations on products that work and or cautions?

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Had one on my sporty, would recommend it to anyone, never had any unintended accel. I think they were Kuryakyn. Nice grips too, cut down on a lot of vibration.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
I've used a cramp buster for a couple of years now and it's simple and works as advertised. I like it and there's no way for it to malfunction.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
One trick I use is when I'm putting around town, I slide my hand right up against the switch housing and avoid the rocker. If it does get in your way frequently, you should readjust it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Never had a problem with it.
I use them on all my bikes. I found one that is rubber and quite a bit smaller than most of them.
On my Roadglide it is built into the Avon grip.:thumbsup

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I just got one of the clip on ones about two weeks ago. LOVE IT.

·
EVO RULER
3,722 Posts
Last burnout I did leaving the bar that's what I told the cop caused it!!!:)

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,016 Posts
I have the Kuryakin one on my bike. Handy when I don't want to use the cruise control. I could see how you might get a slip up and produce some unintended throttle boost, but once you get accustomed to it being there, you won't have the problem.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I took mine off (Kury). I find that I have better throttle control at low speed, when using the friction zone, without it.

Wasn't bad on the super slab, but the payoff wasn't worth it to me.

·
Señor Member
19,598 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Mind clueing me in on what this thing is?

·
Señor Member
19,598 Posts
It's a doohickie that mounts on the end of the throttle grip - like a small paddle. It's intended to relieve cramping b/c you can rest your outter palm on it and don't have to grip the throttle as much.
Thanks, 9'er. :thumb

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Got one, love it! Had the Crampbuster, clip on version on the Honda. Occasionally, I would hit a bump and goose it a little, aside from that no issues.

·
Banned
482 Posts
I've considered one but I get the feeling they won't so well with my grips and I like my grips. Problem is it looks like these crampbuster things are supposed to go on a rather flat grip and mine are somewhat football shaped. Being a little fatter in the middle and skinnier on the end with a knob. Just looks like it wouldn't work as well. Like these...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just make sure you don't install it too high. Or you WILL get unintended acceleration. The first time I ever put one on I almost wrecked before I got 2 blocks down the road. I had it too high. I adjusted it so that during normal riding I don't even notice it but if needed I can just let go with my fingers and hold the throttle with my palm.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
No Whining
139 Posts
I have the silver clip on one. Never had a problem, but I just rotate it backwards out of the way when I am not using it, pointed straight down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts