Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my recently purchased 2015 Deluxe CVO I believe has a ride by wire throttle control, my question is when the throttle is open and I let go it stays open. Every bike I've had in the past if you let go the throttle closes.
Is this usual or can it be adjusted so it closes?

·
Viet Nam 69/70
3,464 Posts
Did you purchase from dealer or ind. IT SHOULD RETURN the spring is bad or grip is broken. Dealer should warranty. Ind you gotta suck it up git it fixed.

Other thought is is cruise control bumped on? When running?

When the engine is off and you roll the throttle grip open and let go it should return. If not it's broke.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Are you talking about the twist grip it self staying in position and not returning to initial position? if so does the engine keep running faster Or return to idle? I’ve seen a grip not seated properly on the TGS (twist grip sensor) and causing problem. The TGS is inside the handlebar and only the gears end is exposed and the rubber grip will engage with that gear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I roll the throttle fully open and let it go it will snap shut, engine off by the way, but if I open it just a little bit it stays there. So when you're riding say around 2000 rpm that's when it stays open. My thought is maybe just the grip sticking as the spring returns it ok from fully open. I have mentioned it to Harley dealer who I bought it from he said probably something easy to sort, I'm waiting for a new keyless fob to come inso will hopefully get it sorted at the same time.

·
Registered
2014 Ultra Limited
556 Posts
Sounds like maybe the control housing is touching on the twist throttle, either way in or out can cause it to drag when released. Loosen the perch clamp, adjust so the grip moves and returns freely, torque to spec.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, it seems the grip is free as it moves slightly or and arft. My guess is the grip needs to come off clean the grip and bar and re apply some graphite powder, as it only seems to stick on the first 10mm or so of opening the throttle.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Thanks guys, it seems the grip is free as it moves slightly or and arft. My guess is the grip needs to come off clean the grip and bar and re apply some graphite powder, as it only seems to stick on the first 10mm or so of opening the throttle.
Not for-aft play. It should have a little left-to-right play. If the grip is slid too much onto the bar, it can drag inside the grip on the end of the handlebars.

Edit: Don't use graphite on TBW !

Reactions: Kainam
1 - 9 of 9 Posts