Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still on the fence about whether to attend my 1st "biker" rally. The rally I am refering to is the Spring, "Thunder on the Beach" April 30th - May 5th at Panama City Beach, FL. I love riding and having a good time (see username), but not sure if how much I would enjoy a rally. I have heard this is a good one and is considerably different from the Daytona experience. Just wondering how many forum members are going and if you have attended this rally in the past how do you rate it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm going. We go every year. Its only 60 miles from me. But Thunder Beach is not a traditional biker rally. Its more of a commercial for the bike and bike accessories industry. We always have fun but the traffic in town is tough at peak times. There are some good places to ride outside of PCB when you need a break.

·
Registered
410 Posts
We will be riding down Saturday 4/27, returning Sunday 5/5. As shortster said traffic is a pain to deal with, especially Friday afternoon and all day saturday. Lots to do if you enjoy looking at motorcycles/motorcycle related merchandise with a good variety of music choices and the mandatory bikini bike washes. I advise people interested in going to try and be there by dark on wednesday, hit all the venues thursday and friday before the crowds show up. If you know the PCB area, a 10 minute ride from The Sandpiper to Club LaVela on monday will take 1hr on saturday. Ride safe and have fun...

Rally links
Thunder Beach Motorcycle Rally, Panama City Beach Bike Week
Panama City Beach Motorcycle Rally Headquarters

1 - 3 of 3 Posts