Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this never even done a forum but I’ve been searching around and trying to figure out a honest right answer. So I just got a a 2-1 thunderheader for my 04 road king classic Efi when I bought it I was told it had cams and pump done, also had cobra fi2000 with manual knobs. On the bike was a stock intake and Samson true duels no sensors, last year went to big sucker stage 2, this year I went to the thunderheader like I had mentioned but it does not have the roar like my friends Dyna does same set up but SE tuner, sometimes sounds like the exhaust is restricted and when really on the throttle it sounds like a intake sputter or almost like when you put a paper towel over mouth and it makes that restricted air sound. Lots of crackle and popping on de-cel and I haven’t messed with the tuner but it’s set to 3-6-6, any one have any idea wha u should do for settings if that’s the issue, intake not allowing enough air, to much air, should I change my tuner.

Now I’m sure some where some has brought this up if any one can help me it would great.

·
Just Ride
3,152 Posts
Change the tuner. PCV or powervision will wake it up. Your buddy change his baffle? That will make a difference also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I believe he just bought it and slapped it on I’ll have to look into a new tuner, that was one of the options a lot of the people were saying just with slightly different variables so I wasn’t sure if that was going to be the problem or not Thank You for your reply.

·
Registered
702 Posts
First thing would be to contact Cobra, give them all the mechanical information on the bike that you know of, and let them give you a recommendation. At the same time, ask them to send you the operations manual for fi2000. They should give you a starting point that you can work from. Don't spend money until you have to. Is the fi2000 the best tuner out there? NO, but it's paid for, you it doesn't sound like there is a lot of mods to your engine, so it should work just fine for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts