Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just looking for information on the T-max tuner. I have a Tab slip on a k&n air filter and a Tab tuner. The bike works fine, but there are tons of pop decals that I (plus two shops) can't get rid of. I was not a member of this forum when I farted the Tab tuner, but now I see that I am not the only one with problems. I wonder if T-max tuner really woth 900 bucks or PCV or SERT is the best route. I will do more mods down the road (fists throttle the nitrogen body? And I want something that will tune itself or be able to be tuned. I've been looking for other threads and can't find much on Thundermax.

Thank you in advance

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,780 Posts
IMHO the TMax is worth it. I have one on my 04 SuperGlide, and will be putting one on my 13 Ultra.

Reactions: Kainam

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
I ordered a new 2013 RG and before I took delivery the dealer did a Stage 1 with the HD download so I wouldn't need to buy a tuner. The download never was right, way too much decel popping. Service man said nothing could be done about the excessive decel popping just ride it it won't hurt a thing. BS. Put a T-Max on, ran great, no decel popping at all. Later added cams and my Indy tuned the T-Max for the cams and never ever had any problems.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You'll find a lot of support on the TMax. In 2008 I had tried a few different "tuners" or fuel management systems and none really did the job. I installed the TMax and ran auto tune as recommended. The bike has run great all this time, excellent throttle response and no decel pop. Also very good customer service from Zippers.
Before you go further, just make sure you have no intake or exhaust leaks. No tuner will fix that.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
My son has one on his 17street glide he would sell it for 600 he doesn't need that much of a tuner. pm if interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts