Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from Smokeout Ralley in Rockingham North Carolina. The round trip for me and my 2004 RK was about 1200 miles. I am in need of a new rear tire so I plan on switching to the Metzler 888's. The stock seat must go and I am debating between forward controls or keeping the floor boards and adding a Lindby Magnum bar engine guard/highway peg. I also discovered Progressives touring link to help stiffen things up in the back a little bit. I will also be adding a D&D 2:1 black exhaust later this summer! If anyone has any advice on anything I am looking at good or bad please feel free to add your input! Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
I have had floor boards for the last 9 years and just moved to forward controls and I am loving it so far. I am 5'8 so I never put pegs on my engine guard because the forward controls on the breakout allow me to push back and get comfy. I would get the comfy seat first and see if the footing made sense after. Forward controls on my heritage would not have been good because pushing on the pegs would have made me slide back because the seat was flat. You might be limited by the apes though as the variable for switching riding positions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stand around 6'3" so I still have lots of room to change my position, I went with smaller apes so my arms wouldn't be maxed out reaching for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts