Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Retired citizen
22,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still waiting for my share ! Kinda wondering what the holdup is ?

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
We Got Ours And I'm seeing a Couple of beef Briskets In My Future and Some other freezer Items. There Talking a 2nd Stimulus Check in the near Future I'm Not Believing it but I will Take if their Giving It .
Well, we ain't got no checks in the mail yet. And they don't have our bank account info cause we always owe on taxes--if not income tax due when filing returns we still end up writing a check to pay our quarterly estimated taxes so we don't have any direct deposits on file for regular tax business. But...., from what I have read, they will pick up on the fact that both my wife and I get Social Security retirement checks and those are direct deposited into our bank account. So, maybe when we get our next monthly bank statement our stimulus checks will show as deposits into the checking account. Or, maybe the following month ??? I also read that for folks they will have to issue a paper check to cause they don't have any direct deposit info on file for them will be the last ones to get their money.

But ya know, my wife and I are fortunate that we don't really need the stimulus money. If it were up to me, folks like us wouldn't get a stimulus payout and the money they didn't send to us and others like us could go to help those really in need. So, I don't have a plan yet, but I'm gonna make sure some of the stimulus money we get goes to benefit others who are really hurting.

·
Registered
804 Posts
We received ours last week. I heard that printed checks were going to be delayed because Donald Trump wanted to make sure his name was printed on the ch

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, we ain't got no checks in the mail yet. And they don't have our bank account info cause we always owe on taxes--if not income tax due when filing returns we still end up writing a check to pay our quarterly estimated taxes so we don't have any direct deposits on file for regular tax business.
We’re in a similar boat. I paid the last (2) years after starting my own business. If you go to IRS.gov, you can find the spot under the Covid heading, and if you’re inclined to do so, you can enter your bank info. I put mine in last Wed, and it noted we would get it, but nothing deposited yet. I did, however, get a bill from them on Monday(due 4/20) for missing a quarterly payment :mad:. My eldest son got his stimulus deposit on Wed.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,109 Posts
Got ours last week, which is all well and good, but if we don't get the PPP that I applied for at least a week ago, I've gotta shut down the shop. Lotta good one check to each employee is gonna do, if I close.

·
Super Moderator
4,201 Posts
Damn, none for me. Bad timing, sold off our rental properties last year and that counted as income. Oh well.

·
Registered
215 Posts
There is a link on the IRS website to track your refund from a filed return or the stimulus refund. If they do not have your bank info, check the website.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,409 Posts
We've been having Out income tax refunds Direct deposited for years so we were already Set up in their system and My Monthly check is direct deposited tooo . So I have to Deal with the War Dept is it here yet is it here Yet Is it here yet She went on the IRS web Sight and Sean it had been Deposited in our Account so it was. I want my money Now I want my Money Now SS Heeezz. I thought I was watching a JG WENTWORT commercial

·
Retired citizen
22,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can I feel the texture of the bills as they slide thru my fingers ?
Or smell the crinckle left over when the 100s stacks are busted open ?
Or even maybe getting avalanched with a ton of bundled $20.00s !
I don't get to touch money anymore !
My wallet has nothing but debit and credit cards in it is all !
OK, I'm done whining !

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
It's probably healthier to not touch money any more than you have to. Really filthy stuff not even considering coronavirus possibilities. Seems sometimes I might go several days or more without touching money. The damn credit cards are just so handy to use. Use a cc for gas and you don't need to go inside and wait in line. Use a cc at the grocery self check out and you get out quicker. Use a cc for online purchases and they may ship your stuff immediately--no waiting for a check to get there and then clear the merchant's account before he turns loose of your order. And with a lot of cc usage we don't accumulate a lot of change like we used to. So, the pension and Social Security checks are direct deposited into the bank account. Then using a cc for most purchases uses up most of what went in the bank. And I actually saw or handled damn little of it.

·
Registered
38,119 Posts
It's probably healthier to not touch money any more than you have to. Really filthy stuff not even considering coronavirus possibilities. Seems sometimes I might go several days or more without touching money. The damn credit cards are just so handy to use. Use a cc for gas and you don't need to go inside and wait in line. Use a cc at the grocery self check out and you get out quicker. Use a cc for online purchases and they may ship your stuff immediately--no waiting for a check to get there and then clear the merchant's account before he turns loose of your order. And with a lot of cc usage we don't accumulate a lot of change like we used to. So, the pension and Social Security checks are direct deposited into the bank account. Then using a cc for most purchases uses up most of what went in the bank. And I actually saw or handled damn little of it.

I enter my credit cards into the GooglePay app on my phone. When I go to the grocery store etc, I just hover my phone above the credit card reader and it transfers a pseudo credit card number to the grocery store computers. They dont get my real credit card number, and my credit card doesnt touch their stuff.

·
Just Ride
3,109 Posts
Got mine, thinking about adding nitrous to my RGC.

·
Noel
8,122 Posts
Heads up to all you retirees that are still filing tax returns and have had a balance due at filing time of which you either paid by check in the mail or EFT/Direct Debit, if you want an expedited EIP payment, then you will need to visit this link to verify your identity and then offer your bank routing and account number does not matter that the same data was used for the prior payments, IRS won't make a payment of the EIP to that account until you validate it.

Filers: Get Your Payment

When you use this process, your street number, name and street type as well as zip code and whole dollar AGI from line 8b must be an exact match, if you don't know for sure look at the copy of the return you filed with an IRS address sticker or the paper copy as submitted by EFILE system commercial services (H&R BLOCK, TURBO TAX, ETC.!!!!

The only time IRS will use SSA & VA direct deposit account information is for those who are not required to file a tax return due to low income and for general reason your legitimately not required to file a tax return, then and only then will the IRS use the bank data from SSA & VA, so, Louisville Joe, I thing you might want to log on to this site and input your banking data, if you don;t NO PROBLEM, the checks in the mail will commence some time in early May once they have gotten through as many EFT/Direct Deposits as possible, the rest that presumptively qualify will get the paper check to your address of record.

Payment processing goes in weekly cycles, the action date is always a MONDAY, but they prestage the printing and EFT orders on the prior Thursday evening, release the data to the Fiscal Services Bureau, and if your bank is able they might post the payment on the following Friday or Saturday, if not the deposit should show on Monday.

Marie and I have been paying on filing the last four years, and it's all from the same account & bank, but I did need to do all that I mention above to get on the EFT/Direct Deposit roster. I did this on Wed's 4/15, then check the site every morning to see if the payment schedule date was generated, it was not as of this sunday mornings inquiry, so I suspect that weekly cycle will update on Monday 4/20 with a scheduled deposit date of next Monday 4/27, if my timing is correct and my bank plays well with FMS, then I may see it Friday 4/24, Sat 4/25 or Monday 4/27

·
Noel
8,122 Posts
BTW

I've been talking to myself in the thread below for some time, might be useful data there with answers to questions and BS speculation put to rest.... as you were.

·
Just Ride
3,109 Posts
Thanks for info

·
Noel
8,122 Posts
This mornings check in shows no expected payment date yet.
Don't check more than once a day the status does not change but in 24 hours, If it is going to change....

1 - 20 of 70 Posts