Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 95 FLH ultra classic electra glide. Have two other non HD bikes that I like running the Metzlers and Avons on. The 95 is now running the stock HD 402s. Rear tire is gonna need replacing real soon. What are my options? Can I go with a bit wider in rear? I do quite a bit of two up riding. That`s why I like the Metz because of the higher sidewall. I Will have many more questions in future but will start with this. Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
The '95 has the wider drive belt, and you are pretty much limited to 130 size. Google mcy. tire size conversion chart and then you can cross reference different brands sidewall to yours.

·
Administrator
13,632 Posts
I had a '95 for 15 years and a '97 for the last 4 with about 200,000 miles between the 2. I have run Michelins, Metzlers and Dunlops. Can't tell you about going wider, never seemed to need to. I will however say that once these Metzlers are done, I will be back to Dunlop, probably for good. They just seem to be the best overall for traction, wear, and ride.

My $0.02.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts