Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rear tire and in looking around found that the recommended tire is MT90HB-16, However the tire on my bike is a MU85HB-16 and I have no complaints with it after 10,000 miles of use, I bought the bike used with this tire already on it so I don't know why it is not the factory size. Anyone Have An Opinion ?
ALL replies welcome - Thanks.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I need to replace my rear tire and in looking around found that the recommended tire is MT90HB-16, However the tire on my bike is a MU85HB-16 and I have no complaints with it after 10,000 miles of use, I bought the bike used with this tire already on it so I don't know why it is not the factory size. Anyone Have An Opinion ?
ALL replies welcome - Thanks.
I think the MU tire is a 140/85 and the MT is a 130/90. There's not enough size difference to matter. Technically, the 140 is 10mm wider, but unless you have the exact same make and model of tire, it's hard to tell. For example, a 140 Michelin C2 doesn't look any wider than a 130 Dunlop to my eye.

The MU tire is also SLIGHTLY taller, so the speedo would be off just a bit. But, again with H-D speedos, the tolerances seem so sloppy, you probably wouldn't know any different. You could end up closer to correct with a different tire size.

Go with whichever one you want. Both fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts