Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by many that they get twice the mileage from the front tire as they do from the rear tire. This has not been the case for me. I get about 9,000 from the rear and about 10,000 to 11,000 from the front.

Whats your experience?

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I generally put two rears on before needing the front tire and once went through three rear tires before the front tire had to be changed. That's with a 12-month riding season and not parking it for 1/2 the year. I'm not sure that storage is any better on tires than riding them.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
2:1 for me... was that way pretty much with every Harley I've owned. Tho I've been tempted by Metzler, they've always worn Dunlops.

She just got a new rear last weekend - the police-spec Dunlop. Supposed to be able to ride it flat... hopefully I'll never find out the hard way! The old tire still has another 2-3k left in it so I'll keep it as a spare. Nice fresh black donut for my Texas trip!

·
1,074 Posts
2:1 for me... was that way pretty much with every Harley I've owned. Tho I've been tempted by Metzler, they've always worn Dunlops.

She just got a new rear last weekend - the police-spec Dunlop. Supposed to be able to ride it flat... hopefully I'll never find out the hard way! The old tire still has another 2-3k left in it so I'll keep it as a spare. Nice fresh black donut for my Texas trip!
How does it ride with that on there? I only ask because my dealer had them on sale last month and when I inquired if they had the size for my bike the parts guy told me I wouldn't want them because they had a rough, noisy ride so I declined.
Just curious.
John

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Haven't ridden her yet but will give ya a full report.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm getting 2 new tires put on tomorrow. 21,100 miles on the front and 11,000 on the rear (second one).....

Trucky911

·
COB
1,984 Posts
2:1 Every bike I have owned except my 1200 Bandit and that was 3:1.....I rode it kinda hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts