Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add cruise control to my 2012 FLHP. One tech at the dealer tells me no problem use kit part #77197-08 make all your connections then come by dealer to activate cruise. Also added wire extension kit part #70246-10 (I have monkey bars).

Well the connectors don't match up from new controls with the cruise to the existing nacelle connectors. So I take kit back to dealer and ask them to explain to me how it is suppose to connect up. I am told by a different tech that the particular kit I bought won't work with a police RK without extensive re-wiring. Well needless to say I am pissed because my bike is all apart.

So I put my bike back together. And a friend tells me that cruisemount.com can sell me the connection adapters I need. Well cruisemount has been very helpful. But the bottom line is with them it does require replacing both left and right connector plugs in nacelle and running new wires to and connecting to the factory ecm. Well I can't do that cause I replaced the factory ecm with Thundermax.

I can return the 2 kits to the dealership as neither one has been altered from original packaging.

So can any one here tell me is it really that involved to add cruise to a 2012 FLHP? Or is there a lot of smoke being blown up my azz??

Any input is appreciated...thanks

·
Rookie for life
929 Posts
Not sure your dealer was blowing smoke unless you made it clear to him that you had a cop bike with a brain transplant. I'm pretty sure the cop bikes do not have the "Ultra" harness which includes all the extra doodad connectors you'd need. Methinks you're outta luck.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rockhead. Yeah I was VERY specific about my bike being a cop bike to the dealer. Now whether or not he chose to listen is another story altogether.
I've been kinda thinkin' I'm outta luck. Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had a '10 Street Glide that did not have the ultra harness, and had the dealer install cruise on bike with no issues. Don't see why you would need the ultra harness just to install cruise control...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts