Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seriously hesitate to post this, but I think it's applicable and the rider wasn't seriously hurt.

Y'all try to be patient and let that white stuff completely melt before gettin' out on the roads. If you can't be patient, then please be careful.

This poor fellah had a beautiful day turn somewhat sour in a split second.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Start watching at around 1:45. Can't tell if he let off the gas and clutched it, but that's what he should have done. Bad situation. Really hard to armchair quarterback/second guess it. Hope these crash videos help someone some day avoid an accident.

·
Learning Member
466 Posts
Snowed here again yesterday and it totalled another inch, pull in tonight and it's snowing again . . . :cussing

I understand wanting to get out!!!!!! But I'm too scared about what might be around the corner, grit, sand, salt, ice. Last year it just seemed to magically 'be summer' all of a sudden.

Sigh . . . this feels like perpetual winter this year. I'm polishing stuff for the third time . . . but staying grounded. Thanks for the reminder Mongo . . . patience, patience, patience.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
That black ice will sneak up on you quicker than quick, especially with the shaded areas. He's lucky he didn't meet the guide rail. Ride safe

·
Registered
163 Posts
thanks for sharing Mongo. 54 today , snow melts . 25 overnight last night . the runoff freezes and makes it bad for everybody . cars , trucks . spooky going through Glenwood Canyon ,( local place here in Colorado). lots more to melt .

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That could have been a LOT worse. Glad he's alright, but, yeah he should have waited a little longer. Ain't worth it.

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
I saw it as he crested that rise, but I can't imagine trying to stop for it. I would imagine that pulling in the clutch and trying to coast over it would be your best bet. This could have been much worse. Glad he walked away.

Good reminder Mongo! Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Takes all kinds. We had a rider hurt in a crash about last week riding in freezing rain. :eek Took place about 5 AM and there had been so much ice buildup as it rained through the night trees were bent over from the weight and power lines were down all over. :loco

·
Doc
425 Posts
Thx for posting. First, the lesson: Waiting is always an option. Second, the humor: Seriously? Penny loafers? 3:03 I noticed and had to rewind. Since the camera was on his helmet, I couldn't see the smoking jacket or pipe. Third: great to see the cager pitch in.

Ride safe boys and girls

1 - 20 of 49 Posts