Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bike 2011 Dyna FXDC. Bought used.
I'm switching from a hi-flow air filter with stock cover to the SE Heavy Breather cone style. There are warnings to recalibrate in the instructions. From what I was told from HD the bike had HD race tuner applied before I bought it.

So.. Question is.. To recalibrate or is that unnecessary since the race tuner was already done? I'm really not interested in "severe engine damage " as warnings indicate.

How much should a recalibrate cost?

·
Banned
71 Posts
bike 2011 Dyna FXDC. Bought used.
I'm switching from a hi-flow air filter with stock cover to the SE Heavy Breather cone style. There are warnings to recalibrate in the instructions. From what I was told from HD the bike had HD race tuner applied before I bought it.

So.. Question is.. To recalibrate or is that unnecessary since the race tuner was already done? I'm really not interested in "severe engine damage " as warnings indicate.

How much should a recalibrate cost?
You are fine with just changing one high flow filter for another high flow filter . :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
I agree with webco2. One thing I would do is ask HD where the race tuner was that is married to your bike if indeed it was tuned with one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts