Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dark moody bike in moody weather. In a way, kinda goes together. Not often one pauses in the cold and rain for pics. It wasn't the plan today as I met a riding friend from out of state in the area. Stuffed the small cam in the pocket. Brought the rain gear as skies threatened when I departed.

We met for lunch at Fairplay and following took this pic outside the restaurant. The white Wing, the black DX...

Wanted to ride following, as we've done before, but sleet up at Hoosier Pass (Made a vid of that ride once, here... http://www.farson.com/video/vrhoosier.wmv) had us turning around and then deciding to go our own way... he back to his fam at the campground (An RRRR VEEEE), me back to work.

Well, I had the cam in the pocket. Might as well take some pics on the return to home through South Park and over Kenosha Pass.

Pausing at Mt. Silverheels. It's up in the cold moist clouds at 13,822ft. Things are only a little damp here...

Pulling over at a county road, things are getting more wet. I find a break in the clouds over a nearby ridge...

Turning the black steed around the cold rain is drawing a curtain around us...

And drawing the curtain tighter. In the distance, higher, it's a wet snow. Something about a menacing bike in this kind of weather.

Well, the pavement ends...

On the north side of Kenosha Pass and closer to home, the skies are lightening up, but the bike remains black...

And well, hardly a drop of precip at home as there is a pause on the driveway. FWIW, the DX performed flawlessly up high, at speed, in the rain, in the cold, and even when pavement ended. Despite the weather, still, a great ride...

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
As usual, NICE PIX!

(and thanks for sending the rain here, LOL)

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Well Steve, I'm headed your way next week. Wed from Dallas to Denver. Early morning Thursday to Avon for sales calls. Then back to Denver, hopefully by a very long route. Then Avon again Friday morning, back to Denver for a noon meeting. Then depart for Minden Ne. Friday, then up to Sturgis, as soon as I can dump the work stuff.
Colorado Springs the following Friday for more business calls. Then back to Dallas, Sat. , (unless someone can convince me to stay another day in the Mountains).
Call off the rain, ok? We've had quite enough in Dallas.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Danii... Forecast is calling for nice weather mid-week. But even the rain we are getting now is just scattered afternoon showers. Nothing serious -- at least in the mountains. I'm on a ten pass ride Saturday the 4th, and Saturday the 11th might be a fam day as it will be the last weekend before sending three sons off to college. Unsure at this time. Kudos to you for the rides (and memories) you are collecting.

Steve

·
BatRod
502 Posts
One of these days I'll do the ten pass ride. Its raining right now here in Dallas, and I have a ride to the red river planned in an hour. Guess I'll check out the rain gear.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Thats the coolest motorcycle I have ever seen! I see you got your supertrapps on. Looks great. How do you like them?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought you would appreciate this 1MM! Supertrapps? Have become a fan of their product. Ten discs are perfect for my altitude. Nice performance bump, no decel popping, and a lusciously deep exhaust note at idle and cruise. Authoritative under acceleration. Maybe a little on the loud side when accelerating but I think the helmet accentuates and reverberates the sound a bit... making it seem louder than it really is. Net, very pleased. Don't you have the Universals?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Thought you would appreciate this 1MM! Supertrapps? Have become a fan of their product. Ten discs are perfect for my altitude. Nice performance bump, no decel popping, and a lusciously deep exhaust note at idle and cruise. Authoritative under acceleration. Maybe a little on the loud side when accelerating but I think the helmet accentuates and reverberates the sound a bit... making it seem louder than it really is. Net, very pleased. Don't you have the Universals?
I do. Just wondering if you love the trapps as much as I do. I see that you do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts