Harley Davidson Forums banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
It got up to 70 degrees today, I slipped out of work early and rode for about 2 hours while my wife went to the vet to get the cat and dog. She said she saw me venturing out - I finally got out on the back roads near the house. I found a couple of loops I could run that weren't very heavily traveled. I realized that my Mustang standard touring solo seat is not designed for trips longer than an hour, I need to find a more comfortable seat. The wife asked to go for a ride in the convertible today, knowing I planned or taking the bike out.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,927 Posts
Mike, just an observation, but it may not be the Mustang seat that was designed for trips longer than an hour. It may be YOUR seat. You admittedly don’t ride much. It takes a little conditioning. Riding is how you condition. The more you ride, the longer you can stretch the trips out. You probably wouldn’t find an Air Zeppelin seat comfortable on a touring bike for very long. Work up to it, buddy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Mike, just an observation, but it may not be the Mustang seat that was designed for trips longer than an hour. It may be YOUR seat. You admittedly don’t ride much. It takes a little conditioning. Riding is how you condition. The more you ride, the longer you can stretch the trips out. You probably wouldn’t find an Air Zeppelin seat comfortable on a touring bike for very long. Work up to it, buddy.
Thanks for that info...I didn't think about breaking in the seat, or my butt for that matter. I can tell you that in my journey to lose weight I have been riding a recumbent bike for 6-7 weeks and that seat is not very comfortable. I rode the exercise bike last night 6.75 miles, that combined with the Harley ride earlier I had quite a sore backside. Woke up this morning and I'm ok. I'm down 60 pounds, maybe I lost too much padding in my a$$?? I'm still going to research different seats, the Mustang solo seat I have was used but looks and feels like it's new, maybe it's broken in for someone else's cheeks?

·
Registered
11,522 Posts
Mike, some Harley dealers participate in a program that lets you try out various HD seats on your bike. We have 2 dealers here in Louisville, one of them participates in the HD seat program and the other one doesn't. Not trying to sell you on a HD seat but maybe trying different HD seats may help you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Good suggestion Joe! Thanks. I travel a lot for work and have been stopping at a bunch of dealers as I pass by, I'll start asking them about their seat preferences and see if they'll let me try some out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I had a total knee replacement on Wednesday. I spent the night and was released yesterday afternoon. They kept me up most of Wednesday night coming in and out of the room giving me meds and taking vital signs. In between visitors I spent my time on Youtube watching Harley videos. Looks like it'll be a little while before I can ride again, anyone else have knee replacement surgery? I'm curious to see how long it takes to ride again?

I mentioned I was looking at Harley videos and my wife made it a point to tell everyone that came in about me buying the bike and hiding it in plain sight for a month before she saw it. At least we can have some fun with the story now.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Speedy recovery Mike

Reactions: mikec35
181 - 190 of 190 Posts