Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

Registered
She came home and hasn't said 2 words to me. She just went to bed upstairs. Guess I'll hear it tomorrow.

On a lighter note, here is a pic with the Mustang seat and engine guard installed. Not sure I care for the gap between the seat and the gas tank but it's a nicer looking and more comfortable seat than what the previous owner had on it. I don't think the previous owner ever washed the bike!

After 35 years of marriage, I sometimes enjoy the peace and quiet when she's in one of those moods. 馃槈

Registered
the trick is to have enough (Guns, Radios, Bikes, etc...) that she doesn't notice a new one coming in or an old one going out. My problem on the guns was trying to explain a new safe every once in a while.
I remember when I bought my first gun safe. My wife was against it. But I bought it anyway. Then, you wouldn't believe all the chit she suddenly felt like should be kept in the safe. I limited her to 2 shelves. And, yeah, it wasn't long till I bought a 2nd safe.

Registered
I remember when I bought my first gun safe. My wife was against it. But I bought it anyway. Then, you wouldn't believe all the chit she suddenly felt like should be kept in the safe. I limited her to 2 shelves. And, yeah, it wasn't long till I bought a 2nd safe.
She has access to one. I have several other that she has no clue what is in them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
It's been a tough 24 hours.. she's ticked. Didn't talk to me last night, didn't eat any of the grilled chicken legs I spent 45 minutes watching over, disappeared upstairs to bed in the guest bedroom....Looks like I might have to knock a little off her rent to get her to cool down..

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
After 35 years of marriage, I sometimes enjoy the peace and quiet when she's in one of those moods. 馃槈
Ha..I was able to watch a couple of episodes of Gotham last night uninterrupted, except for the Chihuahua and her little bladder making me get up from my recliner. Then she too disappeared upstairs. The dog uses my lap as her lounge chair then takes up with with my wife at bedtime.

Registered
It's been a tough 24 hours.. she's ticked. Didn't talk to me last night, didn't eat any of the grilled chicken legs I spent 45 minutes watching over, disappeared upstairs to bed in the guest bedroom....Looks like I might have to knock a little off her rent to get her to cool down..
Dude , you blew it........you are suppose to tell her "I bought you a motorcycle, it was suppose to be a surprise , just making sure everything works properly" .....that would give you the freedom for buying a bigger Harley, or ask if you can borrow her bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Dude , you blew it........you are suppose to tell her "I bought you a motorcycle, it was suppose to be a surprise , just making sure everything works properly" .....that would give you the freedom for buying a bigger Harley, or ask if you can borrow her bike.
Maybe someone else鈥檚 wife, not mine! My wife won鈥檛 even ride a 3 seater jetski - I have a pair of them just wasting away. They are so easy to ride and almost impossible to tip over. She鈥檚 a worry wart. I鈥檓 sure she鈥檒l get over it, eventually. She won鈥檛 ever like it..

Registered
Maybe someone else鈥檚 wife, not mine! My wife won鈥檛 even ride a 3 seater jetski - I have a pair of them just wasting away. They are so easy to ride and almost impossible to tip over. She鈥檚 a worry wart. I鈥檓 sure she鈥檒l get over it, eventually. She won鈥檛 ever like it..
Along with the jet ski's part exchange all 3 for a bigger Harley 馃ぃ馃ぃ Only jesting with ya mikec35 your gonna have to butter her up a bit mate , go buy her something nice and I don't mean food .

Registered
Along with the jet ski's part exchange all 3 for a bigger Harley 馃ぃ馃ぃ Only jesting with ya mikec35 your gonna have to butter her up a bit mate , go buy her something nice and I don't mean food .
Some real nice gold and sparkly stuff

Registered
I was Vary lucky when it came to getting a New bagger. In 1987 we were at Daytona for bike week.
The group I rode with were going to the race track to see the New Bikes.
So we went and waited and watched.
I was on 81 low rider at the time.
So we got in line to take braNew one just for a test ride.
We get on the new Red bagger and ride about an 1/8 th of a mile an she leans over an says .........
You should get on of these when we get home !
I started looking for a phone .
When we got back to the track I called John at TOWN & County HD in Michigan.
Told him what I wanted he said I鈥檒l have one here when you get back.
So that鈥檚 not the end of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I would have bought your 81.

Especially if it was this color:

My first ride on a Harley was on my cousin's LowRider just like this when I was ~16.
He still has it, but he won't sell it to me. He said it will go to family.... I told him I was family. :(

Registered
Thats funny Brian. I can relate to my some what crazed liberal cousin. She actually called last week concerned about fires and Covid. Might be hope for her yet..

Reactions: mikec35

Registered
Thats funny Brian. I can relate to my some what crazed liberal cousin. She actually called last week concerned about fires and Covid. Might be hope for her yet..
He has 3 sons, he was meaning it would go to one of them.

But I volunteered to be the recipient, you know, just to avoid animosity from 2/3rds of his sons. :D

Registered
1981 FLT Tour Glide
My Wife bought me my 10th, maybe 12th bike for Christmas. It's been 42 years together so I guess I'll keep her.

On the other hand, a salesman that works for her at an HD dealership bought a new fx something or another without the Wife's involvement or approval. Saw him a few weeks ago riding solo,,,,,,after the divorce! Not saying, but anything's possible.

Good luck with the new ride. Good on ya for being honest which is the only way to go through life. Hurt feelings mend but deceit festers into loathing.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts