Harley Davidson Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
love reading all the various stories and their adventures so will add mine.
When i met my wife i was riding a 1974 SuperGlide. had raked it and had 10" overs on front. we moved to Houston and rode it to work every day. one weekend went to a rugby tourny in Corpus when came home she told me my bike had been stolen. ran down to where i kept it and it was the biggest hole i have ever seen. took the insurance settlement and bought our first house. she told me then that i could replace the bike one day. that was in 1977 forward to 2000. one day was just dreaming online about bike and saw the soft tails standard so much like my old bike i ask about it and was told how much and i applied for financing. next day i am out running my usual 4miles when wifey pulls up next to me and rolls down window and asks "did you forget to tell me something?" i said noooooooooooo. She replies the Harley store just called and said you had your financing approved. i replied oh well then i guess that day has arrived then. She accepted it and off we went. since then replaced it with a 2005 ElectraGlide Standard which i put 157K miles on it and sold it. we were in Heart of Dixie Harley store and was looking at bikes and saw this beautiful 2017 Ultra. She said get it, so i did. wonderful to have a wife that understands the joy one gets when riding either alone or with her on back. good luck with yours.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Saw where ya said Heart of Dixie Harley... Thought, there is one of them in Birmingham.... I'm not far from Birmingham myself....just a little ways north west...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
My bike purchase is still a sore subject around here, the wound hasn't fully healed. I bought her a new couch, maybe that'll help a little?

·
Registered
39,759 Posts
I will soon have a broken clutch basket I can send your way if that will help.... :dunno

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
My bike purchase is still a sore subject around here, the wound hasn't fully healed. I bought her a new couch, maybe that'll help a little?
Damn I’m glad I’m married to a girl that like Motorcycles .
There was NEVER an argument about Bikes in our family.
Sorry to hear that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,139 Posts
Does it covert into pull out bed? Might come in handy for your comfort. Then again women like things THEY can buy like some girly sheets and pillows for beds. I feel for you man, hang in there.
Marie is a big fan of Betty Boop, bought her blanket thingy draped it over back of love seat in living room instant hit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Does it covert into pull out bed? Might come in handy for your comfort. Then again women like things THEY can buy like some girly sheets and pillows for beds. I feel for you man, hang in there.
Marie is a big fan of Betty Boop, bought her blanket thingy draped it over back of love seat in living room instant hit
Haha.. it has a chaise on the end, actually bought it for her to sleep on the chaise after she has neck surgery in a couple of weeks, I get the king bed to myself!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife has gotten me a bike or two in the past as birthday or Christmas gifts. She told me as long as the rent and bills are payed and I don’t finance anything I could get what I want. Maybe sell the Jet skies you aren’t using and give her the money it will even it’s self out. I bet she thinks it’s going to be like that spending big money on items then they just collect dust and space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 70 of 70 Posts