Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone Im new here and totally new to Harleys! Went to the HD showroom and saw the new breakout and totally felt in ove with it putting down a deposit for the bike:). Although I sat on the bike and felt ok except for stretching a little to reach the drag handlebar but wondering now if my height of 5.67 feet(1.73m) too short for this bike? anyone around my height riding the BO to comment??

Thanks and great Forum guys. Learnt alot here.....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Im 5'7" and have no problems riding 200 miles non stop on my Breakout. Love it!!!

And im 45... lol!!

Welcome to t h e obession!
Sent from my GALAXY S4

Reactions: ematicic

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im 5'7" and have no problems riding 200 miles non stop on my Breakout. Love it!!!

And im 45... lol!!

Welcome to t h e obession!
Sent from my GALAXY S4
LOL Thanks Tgrisko.......did u use the reduced reach solo seat or standard? I may end up asking lots of noob questions as Im basically a sport biker. Im 46 btw :rollin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Everyone Im new here and totally new to Harleys! Went to the HD showroom and saw the new breakout and totally felt in ove with it putting down a deposit for the bike:). Although I sat on the bike and felt ok except for stretching a little to reach the drag handlebar but wondering now if my height of 5.67 feet(1.73m) too short for this bike? anyone around my height riding the BO to comment??

Thanks and great Forum guys. Learnt alot here.....
I m 5'7". I put risers on the bars and helped a lot.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am on the stock seat..... I don't feel like I'm reaching at all... I also stand flat-footed when stopped.

·
Super Moderator
5,187 Posts
Only 5'8 here. I have the CVO version and I find those handlebars to come to the perfect length. I did put an engine guard on and didn't bother with the highway pegs because those would be too far away.

·
Unsafe At Any Speed
128 Posts
What kinda risers Chaparro?? from HD?
I just ordered a set of 1.5" risers off eBay. Search on "Harley Breakout risers". Supposedly the 1.5" are the biggest you can use without extending the wiring. They are $45 & $10 on eBay. Also, you can get them from "SpacerJim" for $60 for the spacers, and $6 for the bolts, shipped.

Oh, and I'm 5'7", and a long way past 46. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just saw your post sorry. can u let me know where can I get this online? Im not from the states unfortunately.....:(
Spacerjim.com
He has pictures on his site, the 1.5 inch riser picture is my bike. He also supplies the needed bolts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
im 5'8" and love my breakout - but i had to change the bars because they pulled me to far forward. Believe it or not the breakout was designed specifically to pull you forward like the old style gasser race bikes, it is even written up this way in the advertising for the bike.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm 5'7" and I'm riding the BO pretty much stock with no problems. However I will raise the handlebars. Stock seat with no adjustments on height.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just ordered a set of 1.5" risers off eBay. Search on "Harley Breakout risers". Supposedly the 1.5" are the biggest you can use without extending the wiring. They are $45 & $10 on eBay. Also, you can get them from "SpacerJim" for $60 for the spacers, and $6 for the bolts, shipped.

Oh, and I'm 5'7", and a long way past 46. :)
Haahaa...Cool ! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im 5'8" and love my breakout - but i had to change the bars because they pulled me to far forward. Believe it or not the breakout was designed specifically to pull you forward like the old style gasser race bikes, it is even written up this way in the advertising for the bike.

I actually like a little forward position as Im a sportbike rider but just thought that with the legs forward as well might be kinda straining. Im not sure as Ive never had a harley so I will know soon.....LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm 5'7" and I'm riding the BO pretty much stock with no problems. However I will raise the handlebars. Stock seat with no adjustments on height.
The Solo reduced reach seat is lower and will move u forward as well am I correct??

·
Registered
25 Posts
1 - 20 of 88 Posts