Harley Davidson Forums banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love this bike, Heavily considering trading up from an iron 883, the problem is I need to stretch my legs to fully apply the rear brake. Are there any mods or adjustments to bring the rear brake closer to the rear? Would the Reduced seat be enough?

I'm 5ft 5in tall. I wouldn't trade my sportster for anything else, well I do like the Deluxe, Dyna Low Rider and Wide Glide models, but this Breakout has me drooling over it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,225 Posts
I love this bike, Heavily considering trading up from an iron 883, the problem is I need to stretch my legs to fully apply the rear brake. Are there any mods or adjustments to bring the rear brake closer to the rear? Would the Reduced seat be enough?

I'm 5ft 5in tall. I wouldn't trade my sportster for anything else, well I do like the Deluxe, Dyna Low Rider and Wide Glide models, but this Breakout has me drooling over it.

Any suggestions?
Make a trip to good dealer. Tell them what you need, see what happens ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
5' 5" 61 years old. Just put down deposit for 2016 Breakout. Probably going to try super reduced reach seat. Found out changing softail Shock bolts will also lower the breakout 2".

·
Registered
13,225 Posts
Bee a bit rough riding with dropped rear. Can the dealer put a reduced reach seat on and let you try it or another Softail without the drop.?

·
Wayward Son
23,863 Posts
Inseam length has more to do with it then overall height.
Did`t you sit on the bike? How well do your foot, feet touch ground?

·
Registered
13,225 Posts
Breakout seat is 24" with the rider, Has 4.3" of road clearance. Drop another 2" may not like that. Softails despite there name are not soft in rear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Feet touch the ground ok, would like bars a little closer to me and I have to stretch a little & point my toe to get under the shifter to up shift. I'm thinking the super reduced reach seat fixes the leg reach and spacers under the risers to bring the bar a little closer. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Inseam length has more to do with it then overall height.
Did`t you sit on the bike? How well do your foot, feet touch ground?
Feet touch the ground ok, would like bars a little closer to me and I have to stretch a little & point my toe to get under the shifter to up shift. I'm thinking the super reduced reach seat fixes the leg reach and spacers under the risers to bring the bar a little closer. Any thoughts?

·
Wayward Son
23,863 Posts
The spacers should do the trick. But you will need to determine the proper length ones.
A little trick to help. With you setting on the bike with it off the stand, hands in your lap. Assume your approximate normal riding posture. Close your eyes and reach out to a comfortable position. Having a friend around with a tape measure to observe and then get an idea of height needed helps.

As far as the shift lever. I know longer ones are available. Perhaps a shorter one from a different model would work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The spacers should do the trick. But you will need to determine the proper length ones.
A little trick to help. With you setting on the bike with it off the stand, hands in your lap. Assume your approximate normal riding posture. Close your eyes and reach out to a comfortable position. Having a friend around with a tape measure to observe and then get an idea of height needed helps.

As far as the shift lever. I know longer ones are available. Perhaps a shorter one from a different model would work.
Thanks, any opinion on reduced reach or super reduced reach seat?

·
Registered
27 Posts
5' 5" 61 years old. Just put down deposit for 2016 Breakout. Probably going to try super reduced reach seat. Found out changing softail Shock bolts will also lower the breakout 2".
Just get the reduced seat... i bought a super reduced there in something wrong with the design and they have two prongs sticking through the uplolstory. .. you wont be happy...

But if it was me I would be getting a lepera. . They look a 1000 times better and drop your ass on the ground... get a solo plus pillion option .. it will look great.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, can you tell me more about lepera? Will it bring me any closer to the bars? Is it possible you got a defective super reduced reach seat?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just get the reduced seat... i bought a super reduced there in something wrong with the design and they have two prongs sticking through the uplolstory. .. you wont be happy...

But if it was me I would be getting a lepera. . They look a 1000 times better and drop your ass on the ground... get a solo plus pillion option .. it will look great.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Thanks, Is it possible you just got a defective super reduced reach seat? Where do the prongs stick through the seat? Can you take a photo?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered a set of 1.5" risers off eBay. Search on "Harley Breakout risers". Supposedly the 1.5" are the biggest you can use without extending the wiring. They are $45 & $10 on eBay. Also, you can get them from "SpacerJim" for $60 for the spacers, and $6 for the bolts, shipped.

Oh, and I'm 5'7", and a long way past 46. :)
How did those risers off eBay work out? I'm 5'5" also a long way past 46! Are you still in the stock seat?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
just a heads up on risers in case you don't know always get the hard neonprime type insets so your bars sty solidi think the original poster can reach ground just a stretch for the drag bars could try the pull back riser get bars a bit closer

61 - 80 of 88 Posts