Harley Davidson Forums banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good Question

Just wondering did you guys test ride the bike before bringing it home?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
LOL! Yes, good question. I love my Breakout the way I brought it home and have no problem riding that way. Can't speak for anyone else but I'm just trying to fine tune the fit & finish. I built & rode my 48 pan/shovel 25 years. Hard to break old habits.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1024535487591158&set=pb.100001041500359.-2207520000.1445688809.&type=3&theater

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife is 5'1" and she has the CVO breakout and loves it. Instead of getting the reduced reach seat (didn't have it when I bought the bike) just went to the local shop that does Bike seats and had it carved to narrow it a bit and also lower it a bit and added some padding to the back to move her forward. $120.00 out the door. Also added the SAS suspension so that when she needs to be flat footed in maneuvering into a parking spot she just drops it down otherwise she rides it at full height.
This is reassuring; I just bought a 2014 breakout 103 today, I’m 5’4 and while it fits really nice and my feet can be flat on the ground , I will be replacing the seat with one that is narrower and lower, and replacing the drag bars with bullnose bars. It’s winter here and I won’t be able to ride for a few months, and wasn’t able to take it for a test ride.
But, what can I say, it felt right.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just wondering did you guys test ride the bike before bringing it home?
Now what the heck fun is that. When I bought the 2008 there was so much snow, we had to wait until Jan6th just to ride it home. The 2020 I stuck in a truck and hauled it home in a deluge. What fun is that on a band new machine.
All that polishing and such.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now what the heck fun is that. When I bought the 2008 there was so much snow, we had to wait until Jan6th just to ride it home. The 2020 I stuck in a truck and hauled it home in a deluge. What fun is that on a band new machine.
All that polishing and such.
There was a guy out riding his Harley in -31 temps in Saskatoon last week, in the middle of a blizzard no less. I asked at Redline if it was one of their guys and they told me the rider had stopped there, and he had studded tires on his bike and it was his only vehicle, he rides in all weather.
I love riding, but I can’t even imagine navigating the ruts and potholes and slush etc never mind the cold!

·
Registered
13,225 Posts
There was a guy out riding his Harley in -31 temps in Saskatoon last week, in the middle of a blizzard no less. I asked at Redline if it was one of their guys and they told me the rider had stopped there, and he had studded tires on his bike and it was his only vehicle, he rides in all weather.
I love riding, but I can’t even imagine navigating the ruts and potholes and slush etc never mind the cold!
Bet money there are plenty Russian riders ignoring the cold and snow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bet money there are plenty Russian riders ignoring the cold and snow
And I admire those who have that type of strength.
I freaking hate the cold 🥶 and I live in Saskatchewan.
So ....not even a Skidoo is appealing to me, unless it's warmer than -15.
And even that is...iffy.

·
Registered
13,225 Posts
And I admire those who have that type of strength.
I freaking hate the cold 🥶 and I live in Saskatchewan.
So ....not even a Skidoo is appealing to me, unless it's warmer than -15.
And even that is...iffy.
- 15 + 40 = 55 F Now we be talkin Ride Safe

81 - 88 of 88 Posts