Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been one of the coldest and wettest winters on record here is South Arkansas. But it warmed up to 70 yesterday and simply could not resist.

Pulled it out of the storage building where it sleeps and it fired right up after about 4 weeks of not being ridden nor on a charger.

Started turning it around and the rear tire sank in what looked like wet but yet fairly solid ground. Proceeded to attempt to get it out and had to stop right before the drive belt made it to the mud. Had to call over a friend to help me use a come-along to get it unstuck and back in the barn.

This sucks.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Been ridin' all winter long, just a few counties north of you. All but 6 days since January 1st. Rode 200 rainy miles Saturday on the Dyna, then another 100 or so yesterday (it was beautiful) on my old Sportster.

My yard is in a creek bottom and twice in the last week cars have gotten stuck in it. But I do have a good hard gravel driveway (don't know why folks won't stay on it).

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clearly there is going to be some concrete in my back yard's future. But it really hasn't been needed until now. This is the first time since I bought my first bike back in 2011 that it has been too wet to get the bike out for more than a day or two.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I feel terrible for you. Just terrible.

(cleaning the mud off anyways. :D )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts