Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Friday I purchased my first Harley and first bike for that matter. I got a brand new 2014 883 superlow. Drove it quite a bit yesterday and really enjoying it. Only issue is took it out this morning and when I left the barbershop about a mile down the road the oil pressure indicator light came on. Checked the oil when I got home and everything looked fine. Called the dealership and they said to bring it in cause they think it might be a sensor issue. Has anyone had this problem? Also as I am a new rider at what RPM's are the shifting points or is that something I have to figure out on my own.

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
So Friday I purchased my first Harley and first bike for that matter. I got a brand new 2014 883 superlow. Drove it quite a bit yesterday and really enjoying it. Only issue is took it out this morning and when I left the barbershop about a mile down the road the oil pressure indicator light came on. Checked the oil when I got home and everything looked fine. Called the dealership and they said to bring it in cause they think it might be a sensor issue. Has anyone had this problem? Also as I am a new rider at what RPM's are the shifting points or is that something I have to figure out on my own.
Your owner's manual will give you guidance with regard to shifting.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I wouldn't be driving it. If it's not the sending unit, it could a major problem. I'd have the dealer come & pick it up if you can't deliver it.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Welcome. You don't "drive" a bike.......You RIDE one.:bikerguy:

·
Registered
844 Posts
since my 2004 883 does not have a tach, I go to 25mph in 1st, 35 in 2nd, 50 in 3rd, up to 60 in 4th then shift to 5th. The bike does not seem to mind at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts