Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
'07 Sportster 1200R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a tool bag mounted on their forks? I'm thinking of purchasing one from Fox Creek Leather. Does anyone have a fork bag mounted to their Sportster? Any problems / concerns that I should be aware of? Thanks.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Does anyone have a tool bag mounted on their forks? I'm thinking of purchasing one from Fox Creek Leather. Does anyone have a fork bag mounted to their Sportster? Any problems / concerns that I should be aware of? Thanks.

Make sure that the bag is tied up far enough NOT to contact the front fender when the forks are compressed, and not mounted high enough to interfere with the headlight beam on the roadway.

Outside of that.....classic look.

Where's Honeybrook, PA?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I'm not Zetaseven77, but I play him on TV......

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
It's uncanny.........!!

Now if only my yard was as warm as yours, so I wouldn't have to kick my dog in the ass to get the ice cicles off him.........:D

(Note: No dogs were harmed in the making of this thread.)

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
I have the tool bag on both my bikes. good place to carry registration papers, a bottle of water, etc. Coarse I also keep clear lense glasses in there too incase I don't get back from a ride b4 dark, and on my ironhead, a few wrenches, screwdriver, etc....hey, ya never know

·
'07 Sportster 1200R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys and Pics. Dave63, Honeybrook is about 40 miles West of Philly. Plenty of country roads to ride on ... ironhead bobber, I'm thinking the same thing ... keeping registration, insurance docs, clear glasses, a few wrenches and screwdrivers in the bag. Has anyone purchased from Fox Creek leather before?

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Here is my version if you look behind the windsceen and if this "attachment" works

Attachments

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
I put this one on since I got it cheap without knowing for sure if I'd like it. Now It's a part of the bike and holds tools, bungees, and misc goodies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a tool bag for my 08 Roadster , I use it to carry my insurance / registration info , and occasionally small water bottle or a small first aid kit. I find my toolbag quite useful and I am glad I bought one for my harley .

·
'07 Sportster 1200R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought a tool bag for my 08 Roadster , I use it to carry my insurance / registration info , and occasionally small water bottle or a small first aid kit. I find my toolbag quite useful and I am glad I bought one for my harley .
LionBaron ... Lets see a pic of your new Roadster with the toolbag.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a similar one to Dave's above the forks. No problem and very helpful. I keep bike papers, tools and spark plugs with replacement tool after having a fuel flooding problem plus few other things. I inserted a picture for you. Go ahead and fix one without hesitation.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here are the photos I Promised sorry they are 24hrs overdue but winter came to our airport so runway and taxi way snow removal took first priority !! My job is never done but atleast its fun and pays for my HARLEY . :) IS IT SPRING YET ?

Regards, LionBaron

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
No spring is dead and never coming back, nice bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts