Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd pass along what I thought was a pretty decent deal on a tool kit.

I've been looking for a took kit for the bike for a while and those Cruz kits are pretty nice and yes, sometimes pricey so I havent pulled the trigger on anything yet.
this morning I got my daily Cycle Gear add by email and saw one they had offered for 50% off. $79 down to $39 so I had to pull the trigger.
I dont think I could buy the components and make myself for $39.00

STOCKTON TOOL COMPANY - Roadside Tool Kit - Wrenches & Pliers - Tools - Accessories - Cycle Gear

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
That's a great find. Thanks for sharing. Yes, I think Webco has a great suggestion! I'm gonna get one, then service my bike and whatever I need to service with that ain't in the kit--just add those tools.

Appreciate you sharing this!

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Just ordered one. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
funny thing is once I hit the "check out" or "process" button, I realized that it was my GF's credit card that was being charged. She must have been the last one to buy something off there...

LOL kinda got it for free now, or at least in "trade"

The subsequent phone call... "Uh, Honey, I accidentally charged a motorcycle tool kit on your credit card"

·
Super Moderator
12,528 Posts
Add a pair of needle-nose vice grips. Greatest tool ever invented.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next tool type item for the bike is one of those micro battery jump starters I've been hearing about. I think they can be had for around $79.00 or so. I will try and get that for a Christmas present from someone.

·
Registered
36,931 Posts
Next tool type item for the bike is one of those micro battery jump starters I've been hearing about. I think they can be had for around $79.00 or so. I will try and get that for a Christmas present from someone.
Might be a little early to put that on your girlfriends credit card and call it a "Christmas present". :D

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
funny thing is once I hit the "check out" or "process" button, I realized that it was my GF's credit card that was being charged. She must have been the last one to buy something off there...

LOL kinda got it for free now, or at least in "trade"

The subsequent phone call... "Uh, Honey, I accidentally charged a motorcycle tool kit on your credit card"
I showed it to my wife. She ordered three of 'em for Christmas presents for friends that ride. Also ordered me one. You know, she's a darlin', y'all.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
wanted to use paypal to avoid typing in a bunch of info, would not work. :(

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
That looks like a decent kit and the price isn't bad either. Only problem I see with it is the Harleys I've owned and worked on 05 and newer had standard and metric fasteners. So in my tool bag I have both standard and metric. Fortunately I've been an automotive/boat/road tractor/motorcycle mechanic all my life. So I already have 2 or 3 of about any hand tool you can think of, so I just put a kit together with metric and standard. I can't seem to find a bag that I like to keep the tools in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My tool kit consist of rummage sale tools that I paint red to know they belong in my bike.
I use them for all service work so I know what I need, and add tools when I see I need them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts