Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Add some tie wire and some 12ga electrical wire and a few wire nuts . :wink

Bulbs and fuses come in handy too .
it has an assortment of fuses in it and some electrical wire, but didnt note what gauge it was.. a few zip tie sizes.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday. It is everything I thought it would be. Excellent deal!

·
Banned
71 Posts
it has an assortment of fuses in it and some electrical wire, but didnt note what gauge it was.. a few zip tie sizes.
One thing I've not seen anyone talk about is , a few nuts for the bolts on the bike. I've been "saved" once because a fellow rider had a handful of bolts and nuts in his kit . :grin

·
American
25,622 Posts
Went to Cycle Gear store and purchased the tool kit. Looks good for emergency's. Hope none of us ever need it!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i had to use it this weekend to get the seat off and the battery cover. Battery cover used Torx bolts. Luckily the kit has a set of torx in it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I just thought I'd pass along what I thought was a pretty decent deal on a tool kit.

I've been looking for a took kit for the bike for a while and those Cruz kits are pretty nice and yes, sometimes pricey so I havent pulled the trigger on anything yet.
this morning I got my daily Cycle Gear add by email and saw one they had offered for 50% off. $79 down to $39 so I had to pull the trigger.
I dont think I could buy the components and make myself for $39.00

STOCKTON TOOL COMPANY - Roadside Tool Kit - Wrenches & Pliers - Tools - Accessories - Cycle Gear
Seeing that this is an old post Cycle Gear has the same deal now going, I purchased one last week. !/28/19 for the same $. These aren't super tools! but, perfect for the aww shit moments. Nice compact kit that fits in a saddle bag with out taking up all the real estate.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That looks like a decent kit and the price isn't bad either. Only problem I see with it is the Harleys I've owned and worked on 05 and newer had standard and metric fasteners. So in my tool bag I have both standard and metric. Fortunately I've been an automotive/boat/road tractor/motorcycle mechanic all my life. So I already have 2 or 3 of about any hand tool you can think of, so I just put a kit together with metric and standard. I can't seem to find a bag that I like to keep the tools in.
They snuck a 10mm combination wrench in it, as packaged!:angel

·
Wayward Son
23,035 Posts
Seeing that this is an old post Cycle Gear has the same deal now going, I purchased one last week. !/28/19 for the same $. These aren't super tools! but, perfect for the aww shit moments. Nice compact kit that fits in a saddle bag with out taking up all the real estate.
Always nice when you post a recommendation to post a link.
Here ya go if anyone is interested,

Stockton Roadside Tool Kit

21 - 29 of 29 Posts